1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Picked up my 04 1.6 tdci on monday;
2 problems within 24 hrs:

tailgate - won't open from the tailgate itself, just on the remote; can see from the forum this is not uncommon so its going back to have the assembly changed. The weird thing is when it unlocks itself which I guess confirms the defective switch / wiring diagnosis.

engine warning light - not what I wanted to see as the car Ipart exchanged for thisC-Max ( a 54 plate ST170 that I couldnt afford to run anymore) went down with a fault 2 days after I agreed the deal and cost me £300 to put right!.
Anyway, its off to the garage tomorrow to have the fault diagnosed so we'll go from there

Let's hope things get better from now on!
I'll keep you updated on the fault / tailgate

·
Registered
304 Posts
Good luck mate , a hope these faults get resolved asap for you, so you can go on and enjoy the c max experience

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Make sure you get to know what the fault codes are as at least it will let you know what "parts" they have had a look at/replace.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evening -

Well tailgate sorted - replaced the fitting; as I read elsewhere full of water and the contacts all corroded

error codes - well a whole list came up, but of course they dont know when they occurred; EGR was on there which I've seen elsewhere, but they cleared and after several road tests havent reoccured. What did come up again was something to do with mass flow? but when they took the air cleaner off the connecting plug fell off so it may have been a poor connection;
So Im now driving the car again for a few days to see what happens; Im pretty relaxed as Im sure any issues will be covered by the selling dealer / 12 month warranty I have.

I'll keep you posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.