C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Wondered if anyone could help me out. I have got a 2006 manual / diesel C-max with electronic handbrake system. Have had the car for three years.

Have always just had to press down on electronic tab and the handbrake would release.

Now I have to put my foot down onfoot brake before I canreleasehandbrake.

Dealer is telling me that this is how it should be- thatsystem has been designed so that handbrake only releases when either footbrake or clutch is pressed down. I must admit that this is what it says in the manual.

Therefore confused.I do not know what the normal way that electronic handbrakeshould operate:

1. It should release automatically when you press the electronic handbrake tab (no need to apply foot brake / clutch -only a safety measure recommended by handbook);

2. It should release only when I first put my foot on clutch or brake and then press handbrake tab (and therefore the system has been working incorrectly from the start)

Thanks for any guidance that you can provide

Payman

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have E.P.B I have never had a problem using it.

I have to put my foot on the clutch or the brake pedal to release it so what the dealer saied is yes correct .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. Thanks for all the feedback. Much appreciated. I have also discovered through all the discussions that there are two versions:

1. Standard EPB - Using footbrake or clutch first before releasing EPB
2. 'Hill Start Assist' EPB - No need to use footbrake or clutch first before releasing EPB

Depending on model / year then it will have either 1. or 2.

Have also been given the Ford technical helpline (a premium rate number at £1 / minute) which is 0906 553 3447

Thanks all for your help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
At the moment the EPB will only release on a hill if the clutch is fully depressed, so you have to
co-ordinate power clutch and brake release, almost simultaneously.
I have found that you can alsouse the EPB in the traditional manner.
Leave on EPB for hill start, get the bite point and 'double tap' the EPB.

Mike Engles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts