C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -
I purchased a 2015 CMax Energi a few months ago and so far, so good on most fronts.

But one thing I can't seem to understand is the electric range estimates.. I'll charge the car one night to 100%, and I check the electric range estimate and it'll say 22 miles.. I do the same thing the next day and it'll say 15 miles.. then 17 miles, then 20 miles.. Why does it vary so much?
I realize that it does vary if I am checking it with the AC on or off (turning it off makes range goes up which makes sense).

Is it factoring it driving from previous drive (ie more hills or AC cranking on previous ride will mean low estimate this time around because it is assuming it will be more of the same driving conditions and accessories on, etc)?

Other factors that I may be missing?

Thanks in advance for any and all insights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello -
I purchased a 2015 CMax Energi a few months ago and so far, so good on most fronts.

But one thing I can't seem to understand is the electric range estimates.. I'll charge the car one night to 100%, and I check the electric range estimate and it'll say 22 miles.. I do the same thing the next day and it'll say 15 miles.. then 17 miles, then 20 miles.. Why does it vary so much?
I realize that it does vary if I am checking it with the AC on or off (turning it off makes range goes up which makes sense).

Is it factoring it driving from previous drive (ie more hills or AC cranking on previous ride will mean low estimate this time around because it is assuming it will be more of the same driving conditions and accessories on, etc)?

Other factors that I may be missing?

Thanks in advance for any and all insights.
Like the regular non-plug-in 2013 C-Max hybrid, the Energi is a fun-to-drive hybrid that delivers comfort, style and efficiency, but it compromises cargo capacity and has an electric range that’s too limited for the plug-in’s additional cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts