C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I have a quick show of hands please.....Just going over some old threads on various forums and there wasa techinical service bulletin put out by Ford say that the use Biodiesel can cause EGR problems.....and.....it invalidates the warranty.

So to all of you on here who have had EGR problems have you ever used biodiesel in your C-Max? And if so was it replaced under warranty? If not, was that because they voided it or because of time limits?

If anyone is curerntly driving a diesel I would strongly suggest that you check with your dealer before filling up again.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I only use the std supermarket diesel that will still have to meet the equivalent standard that everything else has to. Am considering a couple of tanks worth of BP Ultimate to give the injector pintles a clean due to the supposed improved burn due to the higher cetane rating

·
Registered
39 Posts
EGR fuber again. 18months after Fraud replaced the last one. Never been near Bio-sludge. Currently running with the EGR disconnected, this is alright isn't it?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

Anyway, not used bio on the CMax as I know it would kill it. Shame really seeing as Veg oil has gone down price and my last wagon loved it

Been keeping to Shell and so far....

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I too use std supermarket diesel,although once in a while I`ll fill up with Shell Optimax (thinks thats the one,but it is the premium I mean).
As far as I know mine has never had bio in it but I could be wrong as I don`t know what the previous owner put in.I do know he only lives 1 mile from me & as there are no bio pumps in the area I doubt any was put in.
MM

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 1.6 diesel '04 plate has never had bio-fuel, but had the EGR replaced under warranty, been fine ever since (as in no restricted performance issues since). Has now developed unusual characteristics when cold, ie fan comes on and temp guage flies up to hot then after a few seconds drops back down to cold! I can't keep up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts