C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

are ecu remaps any good and if so what ones are the best?

nice one!

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
It depends what your after & what car you have.By that I mean petrol or diesel.
I have a 2.0 TDCi and have a Tunit digital box which I fitted myself in under 10 mins.
The advantage is I can adjust the settings & take it out if I change the car & reinstall it in a car with a similar spec engine (list is on the Tunit site).
With petrol,once it`s remapped it`s in for life unless you get a chip & can have it removed if you want to sell the car/chip seperately.
MM

·
Registered
26 Posts
hello like metal micky 08 said it depends if you intend on keeping the car as once you have the ecu remapped which personally i think is the best option as it will be remapped for your specific car and it caracteristics. But if you had a chip then you could remove it if needed to be or on sale of the car and sell it. Read mickys post as he has the tunit box as he says and put a very interesting post on here. Check it out you will be suprised. One thing i will say is be carful as my father in law has a skoda octavia and got a tunit box and some how messed up the ecu settings and he had to pay skoda to put it right again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.