C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ecomomy on my 2.0 tdci doesnt seem great to me average 40mpg, which includeds quite a bit of motorway driving, i have been reading old posts on this site and see that some have had their ecu updated by ford and has made an improvement to their economy. Have many had this done to their car, or is 40mpg ish all i can expect to get?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I have a 53 plate 2.0TDCI.As far as I`m aware mine has not had any updates.I do however have a Tunit digital box whick I fitted my self.Before I had it I was getting 38/40mpg around town & 50ish on a run.Now I get 44+ round town (not racing/high reving) mainly doing short trips 2-5 miles.On a couple of recent runs to Devon I got 62 each way & 55 while there,and second time 58 going down (had my foot down a bit) & got 57 driving about then on the way back I got 70 mpg doing 70mph.This included being stopped in a jam on the M5 with the engine running & a/c going too.I did some careful calculations after I got back just to verify I did get 70mpg &,yep,I did.
MM

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds like its made quite a differance then, how much are they, where did you get it from? if anyone else has had their ecu updated and it has improved mpg, it would still be good to hear from your experience

·
Registered
304 Posts
@ me caravan tonight . . .58 mile journey, Reset me trip . . Steady 60's and 70's . . . WAHEY 54 mpg ! Owa the moon

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Mine cost £440 2 years ago & I got it direct from Tunit.
Price included next day recorded delivery & it was fitted within 10 mins of arriving
(by me).
MM

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have booked mine in at my local for garage to see if the software needs updating, its not a too bad a deal, the are doing a carbon footprint health check the car for £39.99 which includes a tracking check can of fuel additive, a diagnostic check to make sure everything is working ok and a check the see if the ecu is upto date, if its not then it will be 1/2 hour labour to update it. i didnt hthink this deal was too bad as they usually charge an hours labour just to plug the car on to the diagnostic machine.Will let you know if it makes any differance to the economy,

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
which fuel additive are they supplying and do they say it will actually help
If so then I think we perhaps all ought to consider at least the additive

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im not sure really, its one that you are supposed to put in each fill up, not to botherd by it really, its probably part of their sales pitch,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts