C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SEL, Equipment Group 303A, Sunroof, White Platinum Metallic, Remote Start
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The C-Max will be my first hybrid. A 2015 SEL.
If I'm driving locally, 2 lane roads 30-40 MPH, 8 mile round trip, about how far will the car travel before the ICE kicks in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
2013 SEL here. When I first got car, I would get up to a couple of miles on electric by feathering gas pedal & staying below 35-40MPH. Distance varied according to charge in main battery, [love that RG braking], climate control settings, [AC or heat], & mainly my right foot, After reading here and other C-Max forums, reports of transmission failures convinced me to stop. Most of the failures were traced to bearing failure which may or may not be because early [2013-15] trans fluid pumps only operated with the ICE. I am one not to tempt fate & firmly believe in Murphy's law. Now I basically just drive 'normal' but do try to keep my brake score high. Please check here & other web forums to form your options. Thanks for the read & hope you enjoy your C-Max as much as I do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.