C-Max Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Just thought I'd let you know about something I tried today which appears to have worked really well.

I have a 54 plate 2.0 TDCi which was running like a pig, stuttering and going into limp mode over and over again. I had the DPF additive re-filled last year so knew that was ok, I'd had the EGR valve off and cleaned it and knew that was working fine as well. I did find a broken wire to the DPF pressure differential sensor so fixed that but it was still running really rough. Initially I had no fault codes stored but eventually it threw up DPF pressure differential high or something similar so I turned my attentions to the DPF. I took it off and poured in a DPF cleaner but this appeared to do nothing at all and when I put it back on I still had the fault code and rough running. I then spent an evening on the internet and eventually found a Youtube video of a guy blasting water through a DPF with a pressure washer. My first thoughts were, not sure about that, but when you think about it, there are no metals in the DPF which will be adversly effected by water and by that stage I thought what have I got to lose?

So I went ahead, took the DPF off again and blasted it through with a pressure washer. A steady stream of rusty coloured water came out and it took about 10 minutes each way to get it to run clear. I then used an air line to blow as much water out as possible. Once this was done I put the DPF back on and with finger crossed started the engine. Initially in continued to run rough but I left it running for a few minutes and as steam started to come from the exhaust the engine got smoother and smoother until it was running perfectly!!! A quick trip up the road confirmed all was well, no warning lights, no limp mode, just lots of creamy smooth power again. I guess initially the water left in the DPF was blocking the exhaust gases as before until it started to boil away.

Now I don't know whether this is a temporary fix or whether it will last for a good while, but as I said I had nothing to lose as if it didn't work I would have had to change the DPF anyway. I know that HGV DPF's are cleanable and use a special bit of kit which also blasts water through along with other chemicals.

Even if I have to do this every couple of months, no problem. It only takes an hour.

Anybody got any thought, good or bad?

Cheers, Jem.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi jemmount, Take my hat off to you for having guts to do what you did & share the info i'll keep my fingers crossed it lasts a lot longer for you!! 5 star post mate.

·
Registered
262 Posts
How unlucky to have a 2004 model with a DPF? They were optional and would have cost extra to have put on. I saw that vid on youtube were the guy blasts water through the DPF. I've had forced regeneration done on one of my old cars which didn't work, but let us know if this works and post results, because more and more people will start getting issues with this as time goes by.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dpf Diy fix, Here appears different things. We never check essay writing before, But this time i decide to understand all the working essaygeeks reviews plans which are be confirmed after fixing those plans which you can see with some of these related pages.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts