C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I'm having a major problem trying to get hold of the (dpf) diesel additive for my 2005 cmax

My mechanic found that he could use the volvo one - part number V1161752; but he went into work Monday to get some and was told the firm had gone into liquidation

I've rung round both Volvo and Ford dealers in Ireland and the Ford ones know nothing about such a thing
and Volvo are saying it only comes in 1.5 litres and is €145 plus vat for that tiny amount - my mechanic was getting the Volvo one in a 5 litre container for €100, so if you can fatham the price difference let me know, because I cant

My mechanic had 2 litres floating around after filling some Volvo's, and he managed to bring that home with his tools, so I've 2 litres in the tank now - but the error wont clear as it's not enough apparently.

Does anyone know where I can get some additive - pref somewhere in southern or northern Ireland as a starting point. I believe mine would take 4.5 to 5 litres in total, so I still need another 2.5 to 3 litres.

I hope someone can help as I don't want to damage the dpf filter, and don't have €300 to get the two Volvo packs I'd need

Here's hoping

Susan

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I've just emailed Air1 to ask if there is any chemical difference between the (Selective Catalitic Reduction Fluid) SCR for LGV and passenger cars and will advise. It should be Urea for all cases so I can't see why there should be

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys, it will be great if peugeot or Air1 have some. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Air1 get back to you quickly Richard
In theory they should be cheaper
I bet an hgv takes more than 5 litres too, so it would be a brilliant solution

Fingers and toes all crossed now

·
Registered
304 Posts
cheery , try these guys , they are advertising this fluid for sale . I work in the fast fit trade, pm if u wish ? The company is Chester Exhausts on 01244 372555

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Cheery 18
Do you have any big international haulage firm near you that run either Euro V or above big HGV that might have their own bunker supply of "AdBlue"at their depot.
If Air 1 confirm no chemical difference you may be able to get them (the hauliers)to let you have a few litres

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Just thought. I should have added that the Adblue is actually to reduce the Nitric Oxides emissions rather than the diesel soot that the DPF (Diesel Particulate filter) catches

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I'm afraid Air 1 can't commit to their product being the same as ford but have copied me the spec if you can find the ford spec to compare against.
I may also have misled sightly in that it appears there are two alternative methods of using additive fluid and as I don't have a vehicle so fitted I don't know which way Ford have gone. One is the Adblue (Urea) that reduces the Nitric Oxides and the other is Cerenium (III) Oxide that is mixed directly with the fuel and lowers the oxidisation temperature of the soot (Diesel Particulates) so that the DPF can get hot enough to reburn them (I've been re-reading by Bosch "Yellow Jacket" book on emission control for diesel's)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know the answer to that one already Richard - its the Cerenium Oxide and is for the soot burn off. Shame the hgvs take something different.

I tried the number you gave me patriot, but couldn't get through - phone seemed to be permanently engaged. I will try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi all,
if you look at ford parts shops on Ebay you might find some for sale, Jennings Ford on ebay had some for sale earlier, bad part is the price £210 or abouts for the kit!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Patriot

The car's all sortednow

Thank you for your help and Chesters details, their customer service was out of this world !!!!

Friday saw my car pass its nct too

Thanks to everyone for their help too.

Susan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.