C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice double din stereo to replace the 6000CD in my 07 c-max. To fit it I bought a Connects2 Double Din Fascia kit.

The instructions with the fascia kit are non existent and I can't tell exactly how it's supposed to go in. It's not clear if the fascia goes in first followed by the stereo cage or if the cage goes in then the fascia, then on either method the bezel slips over the stereo.

I've tried mounting it both ways the finish isn't flush, the fascia pops out and doesn't sit flush to the existing surround.

Has anyone here used the fitting kit CT23FD01/03 or 04. How did you do it.

The only way otherwise is to trim a little of the fascia so it sits in better, but that defeats the object of a fitting kit specifically for the c-max!

TIA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's done installed. I decided to put the cage in first then cut down the back of the outer bezel so it sat flush over the cage. The biggest issue in the end was fitting all the wiring behind the unit when slotting it back in!

It looks good, not as flush as I hoped to get it but with the lack of room for the wiring and the unit in the dash it just wouldn't go in any further.

Next I have a broken 6000CD which I'll take the front off to make a security cover for it to hide it away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw these on ebay too. It looks good for the money, but at the end of the day it's a chinese made unit so wouldn't be as polished as something like a Kenwood, Pioneer or Alpine. They run Windows CE so you can install some extra bits on them like sat nav.

I tried a chinese unit and it just wasn't slick, it looked nice in the dash though :)

It was quickly swapped for the kenwood, which was worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I've just created an account on this site to advise against purchasing the Windows CE stereos you mentioned above.

I purchased one from ebay, and after trying it just sent it straight back. The display is terrible, the resolution is shocking and they do not integrate fully with the wiring loom in a focus / cmax. The stereo also wouldn't come out of my car once installed due to the poor locking mechanism supplied.

All I can say is I would seriously try to talk anybody out of the cheaper foriegn imports and look at a branded product.

Just my opinion, but I've been there andtried them. Luckily I managed to get the stereo out and get my money back from ebay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts