C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get new panel strips or whatever they are called. Its not the door foot plate ones but the ones that go on the outside of the doors to stop other car doors scratching your car. Sorry if i sound dumb but i dont know what they are called.

Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gepard,

Is that £20 per door or for the full set of four? Do you know if they are easy to get off, is it via sticky back or pop on?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Per door. They're only stuck on, you pull them off and remove the sticky backing on the new ones and just push them on. They have lugs on them to ensure they line up correctly.

Once you pull them off though you can't put them back on as the sticky pad tears. You have ot buy new ones.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Finis codes for plain rub strips and prices from my local dealership:
F1489430 - Rear @ 8.07 + VAT
F1489431 - Rear @ 8.93 + VAT
F1487857 - Fronts @ 6.80 + VAT

Front ones are identical, rears are side specific due to wheel arch shape.

**These are not the primered ones**

EDIT: They are known to Ford as door mouldings not rub strips.Edited by: Gepard

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gepard,

Great stuff, looks like i know what i am doing this weekend. I have a 54 Zetec and want to spice things up, i am looking at getting these strips the same colour as the car, Silver, then a local proffesional tint company wants £120 for all windows except passenger driver and front. Getting upgrade parts for the C-max is not always easy. I was going to upgrade the radio to the new Sony but ford wanted £600.

Anyway thanks for your valued help.

Ashygk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car salesman at ford told me that any ford radios removed from a car has been linked to the on board computer and will therfore not work in any other car, dont know how true this is, perhaps he was just saying that to get me to buy a radio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts