C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all newbie here,

I am a proud new owner of a C-Max Z-tec 1.6 diesel. When I lock the car the radio is still lit up showing the time and the computer is still lit up showing my mileage etc for about 20 minutes. Seems rather a long time to me to be showing. checked with the Ford Main dealer who I bought the car from and they have assured me this is normal.

Just wondering if this is the case. Does on seam very secure to me.

Look forward to your comments.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Hi welcome to the site,
Yep,as gepard says,this is quite normal,so there`s nothing to worry about.
MM

·
Registered
470 Posts
When I lock my C-Max the radio goes off, but the instrument panel stays on this is normal to the C-Max so nothing to worry about, it's something that I don't like but aside from that it's a fantastic car.

Davy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Thanks for your replies, I guess it is just one of those things. In answer to Gepards comments my point to security was the fact in the dark when the display is lit up it is showing all and sundry how many miles etc are on my car which I do not like (although I know this was standard on old cars) and lighting up the front of the vehicle showing more visability and drawing attention to the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi paulas, got my1.8 cmax zetec 3 weeks ago 58 plate.only niggles being display lights stop on for half an hour + - keep going out to check its gone out. also rear heated window comes on automatic if temp outside drops below 4 degrees, cant find any any way to override these two niggles .think ford should state this in manual. great car tho .ps garage said its normal for cmax ,but why?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
You should be able to overide the settings.
Have a real good go through the manual to see how to.
As I`ve got an older C-Max I don`t have these functions.
MM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.