C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am a new member and this is my first message.

I have recently purchased an 07 1.6 cmax zetec and I think its a great wee car.

However I have noticed that the dash storeage area rattles a bit despite me checking that the hinges and screws were tight and lubricated as necessary.
Its just a kinda annoying little thing but I am wondering if this is a common problem and can it be fixed?

Anybody help on this?

Ta.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
There are panels either side of the storage bin..pull these off and see if it still does. If it does, look at putting foam between them and the dash. If it doesn't make sure you're tightened all 4 screws, if that fails putt foam between the bin and the dash (undo four screws and lift out).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine rattles a bit too. It seems to expand & contract depending on the temperature inside the car.
I can start a journey with the right hand side of it sticking up half a centimetre or so but then it seems to eventually shrink back into place flush with the surrounding panels.

One of those minor things that's very irritating.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
The right hand corner of ours has a blob of blue tack that stops it rattling most of the time

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine (08/57 Zetec) doesn't have a lid the centre is open. My 06 Focus C-Max had the LH side hinged.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Mine too is a open storage area good place to keep the demister cloth for the windscreen or the windows, but my c-max is rattling from somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.