C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like to say that there are so many posts about problems with the Cmax, that I'd like to start a thread about how brilliant mine has been. The drive is smooth and the car handles well. It's a pleasure to get in the car and I look forward to driving it every day.
I'm sure many of you on here feel same, so lets have a positive thread for a change.

·
Registered
328 Posts
yeah bottletree, I'd second that owned mine now for 2yrs & other than service parts its been excellent, & I'm sure there are many on here that have had the same experiences with their c-max's plus many hundreds more who are not registered on our site, we only ever get to hear the horror stories.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Positivity. I like it!

Six months in and just one minor fault that was fixed in an hour. There's not one MPV I'd swap it for. We'd all like a bit more power and better fuel consumption but ultimately I'm a very happy owner.

·
Registered
123 Posts
:) I agree with Bottletree!
My C-max is definitely the best car I have owned -- and I have owned a lot. The progress in car technology improves over the years. I tend to keep mine until they are about ten years old so the improvements are very noticeable.
I changed my 2.2dti Nissan Tino for the 1.8dti C-max and was a bit worried that it might not be as good for towing our caravan. I need not have worried, it is brilliant.
The only slight problem that I have had is that I occasionally stalled when entering a roundabout (not a nice experience) I overcame that by learning to drive my new car, properly.;)
Another minor fault was an occasional slight hesitation around 1,800rpm. The recent second year service included re-installing the program with the latest updates. The car now runs very smoothly.:)
:D So, good one Bottletree, I am also one of the happy band of C-max owners.:D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I feel all tingly now. I've treated her to a wash today, just to say how much I like her. Err well not really, it's because its stopped raining and I'm making the most of the "DRY" weather.
Do you remember the old days when we had sun and it made everything bright?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great post. 166k miles and still enjoy driving my 53 1.8 petrol Zetec. Smile every time I take it out, and the inside is so versatile. Just had the rear seats out to use it as a van for the Llangollen International Eisteddfod stand. Using a bit of oil now, but what do you expect; I've driven her quite hard since I had her at 10k miles

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw a 53 plate Cmax last weekend and it was in mint and I mean mint condition. I had to stop to take a longer look. It must have had a respray or they had it garaged for its whole life.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Loved my 06 1.8TDCi, especially the rearward sliding seats to give more room in the back at the expense of some boot space.

I was very disappointed that this feature isn't available in the UK on the latest models to save weight and put the car into a lower tax band. :(

To be honest apart from the higher quality interior trim and gadgets of the newer models I think the old model C-Maxes are more practical than the newer ones due to the way they're laid out.

Still I love my new Grand C-Max for its extreme comfort, great car-like ride, and the nifty gadgets. The extra seats come in very handy on occasion - even for adults. My colleagues who I car share with call it a limo due to the space inside, and love the reclining rear seats.

·
Registered
31 Posts
cheaper to tax than my previous 08 ka by £80 and uses less fuel!, also only £150 dearer to insure! im stunned, i can tow my race car in comfort even tho mines dune 100k!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Having owned mine for 2 weeks, and the DMF failing you'd think I'd hate them. However dealer is sorting out the DMF!

I have to say I was dubious about buying a mini-MPV, but these drive like a hatchback, rather than a van. It's nice a quick, and the 6-speed box makes cruising on the motorway a pleasure!

·
Registered
195 Posts
The drivability is the main reason I've bought two C-Maxes so far.

I've looked at the other MPVs in its class, and they may sometimes be roomier, or more practical, but they never drive as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Owned mine for over a year and only cost was servicing, until this week when I managed to blow the intercooler hose off. Once I investigated it looks more like it wasn't refitted by Ford properly after a recall and has also rubbed through on the fan. £60 thank you and another 40 minutes to refit.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got to say. Done a 300 mile round trip and my 7 year old Cmax did not make one naughty sound or miss a single beat. Doing 90mph on way back(naughty naughty) and the car was smooth as silk. A beautiful machine with tons of power and torque. If someone offered me 7 grand for it I would laugh in their faces.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just like to say that there are so many posts about problems with the Cmax, that I'd like to start a thread about how brilliant mine has been. The drive is smooth and the car handles well. It's a pleasure to get in the car and I look forward to driving it every day.
I'm sure many of you on here feel same, so lets have a positive thread for a change.
I've had my C-Max Hybrid for two weeks and I have no complaints. it is a pleasure to drive. I drive 60 miles a day to and from my job so I'm racking up the miles. Now have just over 500 miles showing on my second tank of gas. Got 406 miles on the first with an average of 37.5 mpg. The hybrid system works really nice and is seamless between the gas engine and electric power. The little 2.0 litre 4cylincer engine really surprises me how responsive it is. I've never really jumped on it, trying to minimize engagement of the gas powerplant. But getting on the freeway here requires stepping on it a bit more to merge but there seems to be plenty of acceleration if need be.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yep! I found the 2.0 petrol engine in one I test drove quite gutless in comparison to the Turbo Diesel. You've got to feel sorry for the people over the pond really. They have no idea what they're missing when it comes to a decent diesel engine. I mean, the 2.0 TDCi's 236 ft/lb of torque at 1750 rpm is 4.0 litre V8 territory! Unfortunately, they'll never see 50 MPG out of a V8!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can't beat the sound of a V8 Big Budgie.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts