C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone i have got 2007 ford cmax only 27k miles the gearbox has just blow onit and it has been checked and haves 2holes in the gearbox. fords have told me it down to me. im just wondering as any one else had this problem and is there someone out there to tell me is it down to me.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear of your problem!
Did you experience any difficulty selecting gears, loss of speedo, grating/whining noises prior to the failure?
Also, what basis do Ford have to assume you are at fault? Some 19 yr old spotty toe rag with a 2 yr apprenticeship?
Ask to see the Gearbox, if there are any holes near the Diff ( where driveshafts fit ) I'd expect it to be diff bearing failure.
Is it not covered under the 3yr powertrain/drivetrain warranty?
Get in touch with Fords own customer assistance centre and express your displeasure, both with the cars failure so early in it's life, and also the garages accusation that you are at fault!
0845 8411111 I think
good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thank u for the number and i will give it ago tomorro i have had nothink but problems with banger i hate the car hate fords i will never buy a car brandnew car 1st it was the power streering then the radiator now the gearbox all in 2 and half years.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Really bad luck this I think. Go back to 'em at Fraud and demand to know why, on a modern vehicle the gearbox is past it at 27K!! It is not even acceptable as due wear and tear - even cars in the '50's could comfortably exceed that sort of mileage without fault. Threaten 'em with legal action -when you purchase something it has to be fit for the purpose it was designed for and sold to do. A gearbox failing so early in the car's life is just not on. Best time to kick up a fuss at the dealership is at 5pm when everyone is collecting their cars...

My C-Max (2004 1.8 petrol Zetec) has just past 117,000 miles and I have never had any problems with the gearbox. Think you have been very unfortunate but you should be very insistent that they sort it for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would like to thank everyone for the advice. and hope fords can do somethink for me today.

because there is noway il be paying for the gear box

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sorry to hear about this mate, my late grandfather had this problem on another make of car and the garage sort of blamed him as well. His story was he was driving along the road and the gearbox started making funny noises he stopped and managed to call the AA who took him to the dealer where they examined the car and said that it was the Gearbox, not sure of exact problem but they blamed someone with 50 years driving under his belt, the funny thing was the car was 3 years old and had covered a small mileage of say about 4000, needless to say words were exchanged and the problem fixed free of charge. Mind you they did expect him to jump on a bus and head back to the other side of Edinburgh without a loan car!!

Let us know how you get on mate.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
on the basis of innocent till proved guilty you could perhaps get them to say what you did or not do that caused the problem

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yepppeeeeee got my car back today and fords have fixed it and said it was down to them.about time to and i would thank everyone for the replys

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
A good result
Did they tell you what the cause of the problem was so that if anyone else suffers the same we can use "case law" against them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they just said the gearbox has failed and needed new clutch pads but i did tell them i was going to the local paper don't weather that helped

1 - 11 of 11 Posts