C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cig lighter cover(the sliding one), which is in between the driver/pass seats,wont stay shut.Is this an easy fix?Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had this problem with my C-Max when I first had it. Turned out there is a little lever on the underside of the sliding door that falls out of it's mounting. I found it underneath the trim when I removed it to see if I could fix it another way. Replaced it and all is now OK.

To remove the sliding door and surround, first remove the screw inside the lifting armrest that goes into the rear of the cupholder. It's underneath the armrest catch so not easily seen. This should now allow you to lift this away and them remove the ashtray slider and handbrake switch surround. If you are lucky you will find the little catch that dropped off in the bottom of the centre console void uncovered. Reposition this on the underside of the slider and all should be OK.

Hope this works for you as it did for me. Unless your catch is actually broken of course.

Andy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Andy, I will now attempt to have a look, as I wasnt sure how to tackle it.Cheers Dave

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine did this too and the cause was the corner on the frame had cracked and the door would not lock into its indent. fixed it by welding the plastic together again with a hot soldering iron.

let us know how you get on. knowing sods law you'll find a third way the door won't shut!!!
Edited by: marshal

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Had a look yestarday and I cant find the clip. So I shall have to buy a new cover or clip?.I also found that the cig lighter didnt work and someone must of split something in it as its very corroded.So its a new clip and a lighter socket for me.Thanks again for the help and that screw was a little wotsit to see,without the help of you guys,I would never of found it.!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:-I have just rang my Ford main dealer and they want £39 + vat for the cover and £30 for the cig lighter.I dont think I will bother!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts