C-Max Owners Club banner

Cars I would have if I had money

11K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Wasquez 
#1 ·
I'm not talking millions upon millions, but you know, well off.
Range Rover Sport 3.6 TDV8.
Citroen C6 3.0 petrol in black. I just love the look of the C6.
Subaru Impreza 2.2 litre petrol 2 door coupe.
1970's E type Jag. 5.3 V12.
Any old type Bentley.

Anyone else care to mention theirs?

#2 ·
Well, here's my ten-cents worth...
I've always wanted a car as old as me, so I'd maybe start with a 1953 Bentley.
Then, when I was a kid, my uncle had a couple of Chevy Impalas, and I had the dinky (or was it corgi?) Chevy El Camino, and was always fascinated by their outrageous tail fins, so I'd have to have one of each, 1960 for the El Camino and 1961 for the Impala, thanks.
Next up, the car I passed my test in, a 1964 Ford Classic Capri. But my memories are that it was seriously underpowered so my dream would be to have a V8 shoe-horned under the bonnet, and the running gear upgraded to cope.
I've always loved mark 2 Jaguars, but I'm not sure I could fit in one these days, so I'll pass on that.
After that, there aren't that many cars that I truly lust over, so I would have to go with one car to do the shopping in (and the C-Max is just fine, maybe with the 2 litre auto instead of the 1.6 manual I have now) and then one car to impress the neighbours, maybe an Audi A8 or Bentley Continental.
Did I say 10 cents? Maybe a bit more!

#3 ·
I'm not talking millions upon millions, but you know, well off.
Range Rover Sport 3.6 TDV8.
Citroen C6 3.0 petrol in black. I just love the look of the C6.
Subaru Impreza 2.2 litre petrol 2 door coupe.
1970's E type Jag. 5.3 V12.
Any old type Bentley.

Anyone else care to mention theirs?
I'll join you with the RR but perhaps the Overfinch version and
then the 5.3 E Type
911 (with the rear "tea Tray")
Chevvy Corvette or Camaro (the early ones)
Ford Mustang (ala Bullett)
Shelby Cobra

#4 ·
Ford Mustang definitely. The sound of a V8 burble is tremendous.
I love Audi's also. My brother has the A6 sline 3 litre quattro. Lovely to drive.

#5 ·
Anything I would get would have to be British, sporty, relatively easy to fix and best of all FUN! It would also have to be roomy enough to accommodate my ample arse and ageing frame, so small is out. (Sorry Lotus although I LOVE the Elan!) I quite fancy a Reliant Scimitar 3.0 V6, probably SE6 A or B. One of the later Middlebridge ones would do although they had the later "Cologne" engine in place of the "Essex". A Gilbern Invader or TVR would also fill the bill, but if I was going for Comfort it would have to be the Rover P5B Coupe or the P6 3500S Wicked!

#7 ·
That "Little" engine that Buick originally sold to Rover because it was too "small" has to be the best buy anyone ever made. It was an absolute masterpiece in its day. Such a shame that British Leyland didn't use it in more cars. The MGB V8 was only made because someone else was modifying "B"s with V8s, but even then they still didn't get it right and put in the de-tuned Land Rover version! The V8 was actually lighter than the 1.8 "B" Series lump so the car should have handled better if they'd modded the suspension settings. And then we wonder why we haven't got a proper car industry any more! And then there's the debacle of the TR8! I could go on!! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!

#8 ·
If i had the money it would be any of the old cars that we had in the family and all gone to scrap yards .Vauxhall viva hb estate and car , Vauxhall victor fc 101 super estate , vauxhall victor fd estate , triumphs 2000cc twin carb, 2500cc fuel injection both estates , commer cob/hillman husky,commer pb vans[old telecom vans] slow as heck but would just keep going . and lots more that i cant remember . any of them would be in my garage if i had the money .
When was last time your saw any of them on the road

And of coarse a brand new c-max as well

#13 ·
Triumph Stag for shows and pootling on nice days

Skoda Yeti for running around

Fully loaded Evoque for 'best'

not mad choices and individually quite affordable but Mrs 33Q would not let me clutter the drive and I certainly wouldn't leave them outside

#16 · (Edited)
I'm into quick small cars that are a little special. I ended up in the cmax for family's sake. But...

I would love a lancia delta integrale.

I need to own a lotus Elise at some point before I die.

And an original mini cooper.

None are very expensive, but all special.

Then to round out my collection
A landrover defender
and
An Aston Martin db9

To be honest though id keep every car I ever owned. If I had my way I'd have a massive garage and just a mobile home to live in. Cars are more important to me than houses. :)

Just realised they are all British bar the lancia.

#17 ·
A lot of your cars have appeared on the Wheeler Dealers programme. You might be able to see them on Youtube.
I'd also like to add an old Jag to my list. Not the E-type which I've already added, but the Arthur Daley type.

#19 ·
Toyota Landcruiser V8 TD and not a Range Rover, cos:
1. I don't want to look like a Premiership footballer.
2. When was the last time you saw the UN using Range Rovers :D
3. As the Australian saying goes, "if you want to go into the Outback, take a Landrover. If you want to make it back again, take a Landcruiser.

1976 Pontiac Trans-Am in black with a gold firebird on the bonnet. Hmmm... time to watch Smokey and the Bandit again :)

Ford RS200 for the weekend. BRING BACK GROUP B RALLYING!!!!!

Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec R32

#23 ·
But I mean what's stopping you from making more money and achieving your dream? It's not like I have a recipe for this, but the only thing standing between that dream and you is yourself, and I'm not saying that to be edgy. I've been struggling with money during the pandemic as well and had moments where I wanted to give up, to beg for help from my parents that have helped me growing up way too much and don't have to anymore. I made it work with those apps that you can gain money from. I played all day long and I even have some saved up for emergencies. There is no "I can't", just an "I don't want to".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.