C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my C-Max from new in April last year, it's done around 21,000 miles. The engine management system has always had a bit of a tendency to cut out and various patches have been downloaded to little avail but on the whole I've been very happy with it.

As we were driving down the motorway today, the electrics went haywire. The locks started to randomlylock and unlock, the parking sensors came on, the frost warning alarm was going off, the indicators and lights failed ... we pulled off at the next slip road and turned off the engine. The door locks still continued to intermittently turn themselves on and off. When we turned the engine on, the car started fine but the engine management light stayed on, as did the handbrake light and the frost sensor light andI still had neither lights nor indicators. It's been towed to the garage and we'll wait for the mechanic's verdict on Monday.

I was just curious to know if this was a common fault? I had a quick search on here and could only see faults linked to a loss of power, which we didn't seem to be suffering from ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gepard - google tells me that's the General Electrical Module, which I'm guessing would be covered by my warranty. I'm naively hoping that almost anything that could be the cause will still be covered by my warranty, though,but I suspect I could be heading for swift disillusionment ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I would think as it has been having problems from new and Ford have apparently tried numerous things to fix it you may have more leverage than in many other cases but that will be up to ford warranty and the dealer to fight over

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Ford dealer seem to have no idea what actually caused the problem, but fixing it required the replacement of the fuel pump and sender unit and the ambient air sensor, then reprogramming then extra help from Ford when the car refused to talk to their diagnostics systems ... Hopefully it was a one off ...!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts