C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too happy,
ordered new Cmax on 14th oct, told build date would be mid November. What with shipping and PDI we could expect delivery late nov/ early dec.
Now being told, car being built 30 nov and expect delivery 2-3 weeks into dec!
Question was raised by myself origionally about tax expiring end of nov on ol' Mondy, was told we'll sort something out should it laps by few days. Now being told i'd have to to tax mondy and take a hit on tax.
How can I win? Shall I ask new car is registered in Jan, and benefit from both full month on mondy and new car but refuse to pay new vat, or, accept 11.5 months tax and SORN mondy losing £15 on tax.
A few days I could of accepted and drove mondy to her faite. Now stuck between a rock and a hard place!
Sorry for lack of grammar and punctuation, alcohol and Iphone dictates this!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thats a bit of a p1sser mate.

You won't want to hear I ordered my C-Max 4 weeks ago & it's been built 7 delivered & theya re now pushing me to collect it (I need to strip as much off my trade in Mondy before it gets scrapped first though)

Hope you get it sorted mate without it being too much of a ball ache

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, I might enquire at another dealers when they would expect delivery if I were to order one.
Might be told the same, but might catch them out.
I know the same assy line builds other cars, maybe demand fo other models outweighs importance of mine?!
Here's hoping, keep staring longingly at pic in brochure... Sigh!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Dealer is Dovercourt in Chelmsford, just called and expressed my displeasure.

I stated I would be taxing 2 cars for December and if any way was it possible to delay Taxing new car, he claims he can get 12 1/2 months tax!?!? ( Only available as a dealer )
Kinda happier, I asked if he could fill her up with Go-Go juice, a resounding no. So I asked they fit mudflaps as a gesture of goodwill, I won with this one!, going as far as to ask they get fitted at PDI therefore getting the plastic dressing at valet!
He did say it may be a little earlier than Mid December, I asked if he had been assigned the VIN and I`d chase it up, strangely he said he hadn`t, I have been told that VIN`s are issued prior to building now, and are built to order, not sit around in fields,anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paid £250 to get order in place, they matched archers of ashby's £17250 for a 2.0 tdci 6 speed titanium, plus £2k scrappage, £800 deposit allowance & ford employee discount, he did squirm at the last on as we'd struck the deal before I dropped that bombshell.
Specced it up with panther black metallic and titanium x pack, should be worth the wait!
Couldn't justify £ 400 to fit towbar, it only takes 40 mins, I'll do that myself.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a call yesterday, looks like I can expect delivery 1 week before Xmas!

2.5 Months from the initial order Date, anyone would of thought I`d ordered a Morgan or something.
Not happy, wanna cry, Will Mondeo last that long? think I`ll stop abusing it so much ( not entirely though, quite enjoy full lock plough on understeer and lighting inside tyre up on some roundabouts! )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts