C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now the cars a week old it must be time for a mod on it
So today it recieved a nice set of black gel Ford badges to suit the rest of the car, seeing as it's panther black (the best colour for any Ford I'm sure you'll all agree)
Going to put the carbon tax disc holder in this afternoon & a new set of number plates are going on as Ford, in their wisdom & obviously technical ability & quality control, have put them on with self tappers
on a brand new car as well, bandits !!!!!
It's going in tomorrow for the windows to be tinted as well so looking forward to getting that done.

Anyway, here's a few pics of the badges

Before

After

Before

After

Yes, I know it's not the most exciting of mods but a mod all the same & I'm very happy with it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were £13 from here mate - http://www.dmb.uk.com/Category/FORD-BADGES---GEL-OVERLAYS/39 They do loads of different colours & you can't tell they are overlays once fitted at all. Only tip I'd give you, if you get some that is, is to heat them up a bit with a hairdryer before you fit them as they go on a lot easier when slightly warm

I've got the matching wheel set on order as well now

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...forgot to add that I ordered them as for a Mk.2 Focus as the badge size is the same as my '59 plate C-Max

·
Registered
470 Posts
They do look ace and I think would look good on a silver C-Max, I think I'm going to be tempted to purchase once the wife is away to work.

Davy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah for the £13 you get a front one, rear one & a steering wheel one (nto worth taking a pic of the rear one as it looks the same)
I'll take one tomorrow though as the car is going in for the windows to be tinted to give it teh complete stealth look

It currently looks like this

·
Registered
470 Posts
Grand thanks for the info on price, I'm going to order these very shortly mate.

Davy

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Nice looking max you have there.
As mine`s dark blue i think the black badge set would look good,especially as I have blacked up the front grill,bumper & side strips.
How much for the wheel badges & where from?
MM

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for the comments, I'm pleased with it :)

Wheel badges are from the same place mate (have alook at the link above) I expect you can get dark blue badges to suit yoru body colour if you want as they do all sorts)

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Just had a look,about £30 for badges & wheels.
Are they stick on or replacement badges/covers?
MM

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are stick on's mate & as long as you put them on right you wouldn't know at all

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I decided I could not wait for Xmas & have just ordered a set of front/rear & steering wheel badges & a set of wheel centres all in black/chrome.
Can`t wait to get them and put them on
A big thanks to MarkT for putting the link on the site for us
Cheers Mark
MM

·
Registered
470 Posts
Tell you Micky, I'm in the same boat, think I might be purchasing before xmas as well for the badges, think black and silver will work quite well.

Davy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol @ you two. They will just be a nice early Crimbo pressie for your C-Max

Quick tip though; warm them up a bit with a hair dryer before you fit them, makes it a bit easier. More importantly......make sure you post up some pics once fitted

Is there a set area on here for pics (like a garage or multimedia section) or is it a case of stick them where ever you think is right?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Yippee got them Sat morning
.Can`t put them on cos it`s raining too much
Will try Sunday.
I got the full set front/back & steering wheel as well as wheel covers,all black /chrome
If anyone else is after the wheel covers they are the 55mm ones,it does not matter which year or wheel size.
MM

·
Registered
470 Posts
Whoops, my debit card seemed to slip into my hand and prompted me to order some badges!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Black with chrome writing, think black will look good on the Moondust silver C-Max!

Hopefully will stick them on next week once they come as well as a couple of other things I have for the car in my week off next week, need to paint a steel wheel I picked up as well and give the car a wax and polish for the winter as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts