C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery on my Max has started to go flat if the car is not used for 2/3 dayys.
I know it`s not the alt as it was changed not too long ago& I have a tester (brand new) which says alt ok,battery low.
Am I right in thinking that I have to remove the wipers and the black cowl below the windscreen before I can get the old battery out
?Any tips help much appreciated
Any Ideas on cost for a new one?
It`s for a 53 plate 2004 model 2.0TDCI
MM

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I have to take the wipers & cowl off too or just the air box?
I think I could get the battery from my friends spares shop for less than £80
MM

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help Gepard,I know from past experience of buying batteries from my mate that I get a 5 year+ guarentee.
Good news agout not having to take wipers etc off.
I`m going to his shop anyways to get some Millers & a parts price for Richard G.
Cheers
MM

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have one but it keeps freezing and i get error report messages.
MM

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can get a heavy duty battery from my mates shop £70 fitted inc 5 year guarentee
There are two that will fit but I went for the heavy duty even though the lower powered one would do.He could get one of those & fit it for £50 if I wanted.
He rekons the problem with mine is a knackered cell so the charge will dissapate over 2/3 days.
Anyway he`s going to get one for me & fit it Sat morning.
MM

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my battery fitted today,took 20 mins & did not nave to remove any part of the airbox at all.
The battery that was taken out was a Mercedes special fit for their larger vans!!! Anyway I`ve got a new one in & fitted all for £69.95 inc % year guarentee.
Also got him to fit a battery in daughters Clio.Halfords price £68.49.I got it fitted & with same guarentee as mine for £39.99.
MM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts