C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know of a good quality stero that will replae the standard fit on my car?

·
Registered
125 Posts
There's quite a few Double-DIN head units out there now, but they still needfitting kitsand an adaptor for the connector.

Pioneer FH-80BT may be a place to start... but depends on what you mean "good quality" - can easily spend >£600 for all-siging, all-dancing units.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For anyone looking for the right connector. Google CTSFOO02 (second from lastiszero). You can also get hold of the patch cable so you can control your new stereo with your existingsteering remote. Just make sure your head unit has a wired remote socket (usually 3.5mm jack).

Websites...

Nexxia
Dynamic Sounds

I have a Pioneer DEH-P75BT (single din I know) but it sounds and looks awesome and I can blue tooth streammy music.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I have a brilliant Clarion system in my RangeRover Classic that I`m thinking of putting in my Max.
All I need is the correct carriage.Now you have given us the connector number,the installation may just be that little bit closer.
MM

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just connected my Pioneer single din today and the connector mentioned in my previous post. Works perfectly, even the ford steering stalk works the volume and tracks.
Muchos Thanks to Dynamic Sounds

Now looking a purchasing some component speakers to replace the ford ones as the previous owner(s) notched up the volume one too many and they now blow a bit.

Any Ideas on which speakers to get?

Possibly going to connecta Alpine sub with the vibe quick release connection so I can whip it out when I load up the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts