C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys...
anyone know where you can get the armrests for the drivers seat...? ors is broken and just flops about..asked in a ford dealers a while back and was told about £120..!!!

cheers, rgds stuart

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I think there was a post a while back about how someone had made a repair rather than replacement

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
many thanks for replies guys...
mike, just found your post, got cover and foam etc off of mine but not sure how to get clip off..?
looks like 2 x spring washers that only go on one way...assuming i can get these off, where exactly does shim go..?
many thanks again, rgds stuart

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k..got the clip off (broken but no matter) and cause for mine not working are the teeth on sliding locking part are worn right away...
dont think i can file them down at all as too fiddly..?
oh well..
rgds stuart

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Stu, No need to file down, just insert a slim of approx thickness for the required angle in the step where it comes to rest,
MIKE TANGO

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MIKE TANGO, you the MAN...!!!!

wasn't too sure what you meant when i read your reply last night but having looked at the car this morning it made perfect sense..so obvious..!!! made myself a small ally block and glued in place against stop, re-assembled and voila...

that arm rest has been bugging me for about a year and never occured to me to strip it down and fix it...

many thanks mate
rgds stuart

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Stu , Now I feel like Boy Scout, deed done for the day. No posing now not everyone has a functional Arm Rest, I love doing the Royal Wave thing with the electric windows!
MIKE TANGO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts