C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
new to this forum and to a 04 tdci c-max...Love the car but just one thing which is really annoying.I have an annoying bump which seems to be coming from the ofside rear area when I go over slightly bumpy roads.Smooth roads or really bumpy road do not make the noise appear but only ,as I said , normal everyday roads...Its driving me mad...I have had the spare out,taken the rear seats out but its still there..Can anyone help.....Additional to this there is a slight whistle from the engine on accelaration at 1 to 1.25 thousand revs..(NOT TOO WORRIED ABAOUT THIS THOUGH).ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRICEATED THOUGH...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hi Wilcox.

I have removed your previous post as there is no need for double posting. Everyone here will try and read every new post and of course will help out where we can.

To your problem now, several things come to mind and while I'm no expert, these have been picked from others.
It could be the shock absorber, Coil spring or defective bush. Any one of these could cause a "bump" or knock you seem to be having.

As for the whistle, that sounds like the turbo but this has been talked about before. Use the search button at the top of the page and have a look around for that one.

Enjoy your stay!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts