C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it expensive to get a new alternator for my Cmax (04 reg) And would it make a funny noise as its going wrong & not charging my battery ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
makes a whinning sound when faulty, the battery light might stay on, on the dash.

Cost depends where you go, i think ive just been 'cash raped', paid £285 inc fitting for my new one on a 54 plate 2.0 tdci.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
There are some older posts on this subject.I had mine go in October 07 (think it was that month) so I went to my local independant spares shop.He got me an alt for under £100 & got it fitted by a local independant mechanic for £70
.I know at the time,ford wanted £300 for suppling & fitting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine went on my 04 TDCi 2.0 at the end of last year after 60K miles. Cost around £280 at the Ford dealer. I complained that this was pathetic but it got me nowhere despite this clearly being a common fault. Never heard of an alternator packing up so soon. That's progress for you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just replaced my alternator on 04 c max 28000 miles, cost £115.00 from ford main dealer, replaced myself top bolt hard to do but ok took about 3 ish hours

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just picked up on this one - my alternator went on my 04 reg 2.0 TDCI a couple of months ago at 53K - seems to fit the pattern! It cost me £363 to have a new one fitted at my local independent garage. Perhaps I should have gone to the Ford dealer after all!

Mk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts