C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing some last checks on the CMax for our hols to Wales and decided to rotate the wheels (Fronts to the back and backs to the front for those who wondered).
Well while the car is up on the stands and I'm in the middle of swapping the wheels, a loud noise then boom Red arrows fly past in two sections with one very very low to the ground

Thought nothing more then next that came along had my jaw drop to the floor...
Vulcan Bomber flys past
I had to rub my eyes to make sure. What a nice sight to see the old girl in the sky and to me a real beast of the sky's.
Just as I was about to finish off the car, along comes a Huey (I think thats what they called).

Made my day seeing that lot go by.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Oh you lucky man. I remember how impressive and really beautiful the Vulkan was/is. But what I remember most was the noise - the noisiest thing in God's creation. Nice to see them again on the T.V. last night.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah the vulcan is a real heart stopper. it was the first jet i worked on, in the RAF and will always be the queen of the skys. shame she had to go
in 94.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also worked on the Vulcan in the RAF, pain in the arse, waste of money, hated the B things,melt it down & make it into more C max's, Paul H.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i see the red arrows practice over the city where i live LINCOLN, most days, along with the hurricane , lancaster. spitfire n dakota from BBMF (battle of britain memorial flight) and them 4 still bring a lump to my throat, from my office window i view the reds flying over the cathedral when in fact they are over there base at scampton which is a good 4 miles away behind the cathedral, looking at that view at the moment, no planes today sumat to do with volcanic ash

·
Registered
221 Posts
PaulH said:
I also worked on the Vulcan in the RAF, pain in the arse, waste of money, hated the B things,melt it down & make it into more C max's, Paul H.
Scampton?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I love all the old planes ....but you cant beat the sound of 4 merlins on a low flying Lanc.
gives me goosebumps

·
Registered
221 Posts
marshal said:
I love all the old planes ....but you cant beat the sound of 4 merlins on a low flying Lanc.
gives me goosebumps
Funnily enough 617 Squadron (Scampton) flew Lancasters (Dambusters) and much later flew Vulcans.
Tony
Edited by: Tony

·
Registered
232 Posts
kevmond said:
marshal said:
gives me goosebumps
5 Merlins maybe?
yep true, closely followed by a spitfire...............The southend airshow soon. hope it doesnt rain and also that chavvy family who sat behind us swearing at their kids and blowing smoke over my kin sandwiches dont go this year either.....scum of the earthEdited by: marshal

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
My brother lives in Alrewas,Staffs by the National Arburetum & gets regular fly byes of nearly everything,especially BBMF.
Thing is they never know when,so if he sees them,rings me & by the time I`m mobile,they have gone
MM

·
Registered
155 Posts
A few years ago I went to the Dambusters 50th anniversary memorial flight at derwent valley, Derbyshire. What a fantastic day! Lancaster, then Vulcan then Tornado crossing the dam at 60 ft. Then they all went by again at 200 ft with there foot down shall we say. Lancaster crossed first, then the Vulcan which climbed and passed the Lancaster, followed by the Tornado whiched crossed the dam and dissappeared. Then there was a service to remember all those very brave aircrew, as the service ended the commentator announced to the crowd that the Tornado landed at Scampton 12 minutes after crossing the Dam - Almost as quick as my 1.8 tdci !!!.
I also went five years later, and to see the two Hawks carry out the manouver where they fly at each other head on and pass side by side between the two valve towers either side of the dam was absolutely spectacular and something I will never forget.

God bless the RAF - The bravest & best fliers in the world.
(This is my opinion only and not intended to cause offence to anybody).

·
Registered
17 Posts
A few years ago we had a flyby of the BBMF over the infant/juniorschool sports day the flight were going elsewhere but had been requested to do the fly over it was brilliant especially when the spitfire and hurrricane did a return for a second timeand then left doing the usual wing wave seeing all those kidsshouting Oh Cool and then pretending to fly round the field made the day.
Edited by: johntc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.