C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Im new to this great club, andI have a question whichI hope some one can help me with?
A couple of months agoI moved my drivers seat on my 55 reg 1.8 ghia C max, and to my suprise the air bag warning lightiluminated on the dash board, after asking aroundI was told it was the seatbelt pre tensoner on the drivers seat was the problem, I was told to switch off the engine unplug the wire under the seat also wiggle the wire a bit.
restart the engine and heh pesto it worked. Ive had no problems since, untill a couple of days ago. The car went in for its service at my local ford garage. I received a telephone a couple of hours later telling me that my seat belt tensioner sensor is faulty. and looking at approx £120 to replace it. I nearly collapsed! I told them I would have to get it done at a latter date. times are hard!!.
Anyway I got back home switched off the engine wiggled the wire and the light has gone back out again. I dont knowif its the sensor or just a loose wire, any ideas as I am not sure what to do?
Thanks Loop

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hi Loop

I have heard of this before as well on Focus's as well as C-Max's.
What you have done is correct in as far as switching the light out.
As to what to do next, well that's up to you!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
It is not neccessarily the safest course of action though.....if you have a wiring fault in the airbag system it can lead to premature firing whilst driving.

If I were you I'd disconnect the battery, leave it for 30mins, take the connector apart and have a look at all the connectors. It's more than likely you've just knockedthe cable and pulled a connector slightly lose.

I would strongly recommend against leaving it and just wiggling it. Get it sorted ASAP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys thanks for the advice so far, What the Ford engineer did tell me that when the air bag warning light is on the air bag system is disabled which means that if you have a collision the air bag will not activate. this is tostop premature activation of the air bag system in a faulted state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts