C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a new c-max on order, the time is really dragging! Theoretically only 2 weeks to go until it is delivered and Im bizzarely looking forward to it coming - which is odd seeing as its the most boring car Ive ever owned!

Any top tips on what to fill the next 2 weeks with?

A

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[/QUOTE]

I've found they're a car that's as boring as the driver......[/QUOTE]

Ha ha - I admire your point of view, but while its a nice drive can you really describe them as exciting either visually, performance or segment-wise?!

A

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Segment of the market was what I meant - mini-MPV just doesnt really thrill me.

As to why I got one - practical reasons (which are seldom exciting). Its definitely the best of all thoseI test drove, but as a bit of a former girl racer I guess Im having to grow up!

A

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gepard said:
Did you not see pics of my one with stripes, large alloys, and a subwoofer system? As I said.....it's as boring as you want it to me. I'm not saying you're going to go and beat a 700hp skyline off the mark but it's hardly like driving a van than does 0-60 in days....
No, but Id love to - sounds like my first non old-banger, a fab little renault 5 which my then-bf (a mad modder), did up for me. From then on I was hooked!

I totally agree its far less boring that than the competition though, I briefly had a black and white striped ST which was when i decided that Ford were actually rather good :)

A

PS - Have a good weekend Gepard and everyone elseEdited by: ArabellaP

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
The ultimate mad mod is to try to squeeze the 2.5 Volvo engine under the bonnet

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
ArabellaP said:
No, but Id love to - sounds like my first non old-banger, a fab little renault 5 which my then-bf (a mad modder), did up for me. From then on I was hooked!
There's some pics somewherein the modifications section at the bottom. A couple of themembers on here weren't too keen
but it did look better inperson.

My new one has a CarPC (nearly finished), 15inch sub, STside stripes andST alloys at moment.....

ArabellaP said:
I totally agree its far less boring that than the competition though, I briefly had a black and white striped ST which was when i decided that Ford were actually rather good :)
Fiesta STor Focus ST? Always wished Ford made a C-Max ST abit like Vx made the Zafira VXR.

ArabellaP said:
PS - Have a good weekend Gepard and everyone else
Weekends are never good as I have to work them

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And as of last Friday the car is at the dealer - shame I cant pick it up until next weekend

Quick question for all you experts - I assume I get a spare non-electronic key. Can I buy spare electronic key over the counter from the dealer or do I have to pre-order it?

TIA

Arabella

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
the answers are probably yes & yes but I would check the second one as to how long they may need to do it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gepard said:
Remember you need to get the key programmed to the car if you want it to be able to start it which costs around £70.

Im sure theyd charge me for just entering the dealership If they could!

Thanks G

A

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hi, sorry to intrude,
As withmost Fords, there is no longer a Master key for the immobiliser, as long as you have 2 PATS ( passive anti theft system ) programmed keys you can programme a third key to the immobiliser.
A decent ( if they exsist! ) Fraud dealer should not charge for this, usually collaring a Mechanic and asking them to programme said new key in exchange for a drink should help alot!
Please dont quote me though, as its been about 3 Yrs since I lastprogrammed an immobiliser key, the sequence was:

Make sure you have 2 working keys and newly cut key ( that can unlock steering lockand doors ),
Put key No1 in Ignition, turn to position 2 ( Ign lights on dash )and then off,
Remove key No1 from Ignition and insert key No2 and switch to position 2 within 3-5 seconds,
Remove key No2 and insert New key, again within 3-5 Secs and turn to Pos 2.
Hopefullynew key should now be programmed!
As I said, it DID work 3 Yrs ago on pretty much the entire range, please let me know if it still does.
As asked originally, how do you pass the weeks leading to new car making/PDI/take receipt process? Am currently on second bottle of wine trying for alcohol induced coma of say....... approx 5 weeks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts