C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Garage has had my car 7 days I am about to be charged a great deal of money for a Throttle lack of power fault P2135 no correlation. They have replaced EGR and wires, been in touch with Ford but no joy. Now about to replace ECU and possible cluster unit?

Can anyone give me a definite solution to this problem

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
133 Posts
if the garage replaced the egr did that take it to fords to have the new egr re calabrated, if no that could be the problem because you cant just replace the egr with out it being re programmed

·
Registered
133 Posts
looking on the net that fault code points to the accelerator pedel possition faut which could be the throttle body, or the acceleraot pedal, did the garage say anything about those?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Is it petrol or diesel
If it is diesel then the throttle is "fly by wire" (Electronic Diesel Control - EDC)in that there is a position sensor that compares voltages with the ECU map for that particular engine load / speed and adjusts the injector duration accordingley

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they have looked at that and the no correlation fault is why they are going for new ECU, they think it has been damaged.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Moved to the right part of the forum

Also if replying to a post, please use the quote button as it makes it easier to understand who you are talking back to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lawe said:
Moved to the right part of the forum

Also if replying to a post, please use the quote button as it makes it easier to understand who you are talking back to.
Hi

Thanks for the interest but unfortunately I have had to pay over £700 pounds to get the car back. They say it appears to be fixed and that it was the wire at the top of the Pedal. All your comments suggest it could happen again I will keep you informed if it does!

Thank you for your interest.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Paying £700 pounds to have a wire at pedal fixed?
They can't change servicable parts due to a poor diagnosis in hope that they'll eventually change a faulty component!
I would ask for the old parts and seek a second opinion, tell them this to make them aware and threaten to go to court should any part be found to be ok!

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Sounds like you have been ripped off.Ring a dealer & ask them for a quote or better still ask if you can talk to someone in the service dept & see what they say.
MM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kevmond said:
Paying £700 pounds to have a wire at pedal fixed?
They can't change servicable parts due to a poor diagnosis in hope that they'll eventually change a faulty component!
I would ask for the old parts and seek a second opinion, tell them this to make them aware and threaten to go to court should any part be found to be ok!

Thanks but please see earlier conversation they did change EGR valve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MetalMicky08 said:
Sounds like you have been ripped off.Ring a dealer & ask them for a quote or better still ask if you can talk to someone in the service dept & see what they say.
MM
Thanks but I shall have to wait and see!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
So, when they changed the EGR valve, did it make it better? And also, did they flash the later calibration to the module? Begging the question, was the EGR valve faulty? And did they flash cal originally it not? If not, they didnt complete the work in full!
So, £700 to change and EGR valve, flash cal and fix wire!?
Having changed faulty egr valves myself, I cannot see how this price is justified.
I'm not meaning to belittle you, but I think you are being taken for a ride.
As previously stated, ask for the old parts, they are still rightfully yours, and get them checked out by an independant engineer who is willing to put in writing IF they are servicable.
Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is broken again - same fault! Now they have been advised by Ford to change the cluster unit only a mere £451.

It righted itself before getting to the garage now 180 miles without a fault!Edited by: Golf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Golf said:
It is broken again - same fault! Now they have been advised by Ford to change the cluster unit only a mere £451.

It righted itself before getting to the garage now 180 miles without a fault!

Still no car over 3 weeks now - no cluster unit available until new year?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sounds like the problem i got on mine after replacing the EGR.

By mistake they had managed to losen the hose vacum that controls the Turbo valve when they changed the EGR.

Hard to start and almost none throttle response, and i could not feel the turbo at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you

Just picked up my car after 5 weeks in the garage they have fitted a new "cluster unit"? Hopefully thi will be OK! Another £750.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts