C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Im getting 50/51 mpg on average in a 1.6 tdci zetec.
What are you getting?

·
Registered
153 Posts
reading 51.3 on dash. 2.0l tdci.
have been filling and resetting each fill averaging 49-50 mpg.
previous max only managed 43. must have a good one.

driven with very light right foot, coast down and use momentum up hills. rarely above 2000 rpm.
except for a monthlyblast in 3rd gear to the limiter to blow out any cobwebs.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Snap as to MPG

When it gets down to around 45 then it's time to look at the drag of the front brake pads

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I get about the same as Doris out of my 2.0TDCI although I have a Tunit box + K&N air filter.These days I frequently get better than the magical 50.4,sometimes getting 55.
Have had 70mpg on a run back from Devon recently
Should also add that I put a good glug of Millers in at each fill up.
MM

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I reckon 50 mpg is pretty good
. When we drove down to the south of france on holiday this year at their motorway speeds the car averaged 59 mpg when calculated at litre x 0.222 dived by milage, although the computer was showing 62 mpg. Needles to say i was very pleased with this as i had used the overboost a lot in order to pull away from fench tailgaters!

As an after thought, the c-max is very popular in france although in what spec i dont know, style i think with aloys, no zetecs or lxs out there.

And just as an after thought, c maxs are made in germany.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
An easy way for Diesel MPG is that 10 miles per liter is 45 MPG and 11 miles per litre is just about 50

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
The french (like the germans) tend to take off the badging so you don`t know what spec they have.
I once had an Audi A4 with a petrol V8 under the bonnet,yet it had a 2.0 badge stuck on
.It was brilliant for baiting 5 series BM`s.
MM

·
Registered
470 Posts
at the moment, we seem to be getting a decent mpg on average about 50mpg from our 1.6TDCI Zetec.

Davy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I can only seem to get a max of 44mpg and that was on a run to the Isle of wight (approx 100 miles). Around town and trip to work (10miles) it then drops to around 42mpg. Focus C-max 2.0 Tdci running a tune-it box. You guys who are achieving 50+ are doing really well! How old are your cars? Mines a 2004 with 42,000.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Drove to Gatwick from Chelmsford and back. Got her up to 56mpg on the motorway but soon dropped once on the A roads

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sennact,

My 2.0 TDCIaverages 41.4 to work and back (10 miles) And on a long run, gets up to 44 MPG. I have put diesel redex in to clean out any nasties. It is on bout 59Kon a 2003 plate so not too different from yours. I must say after reading some posts, to drive a 2.0 TDCIand keep itaround the 2000 rpm markcan be quite boring and does this labour the engine?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Think somethings up with my max then im average 31 - 32 MPG round town,
discs and pads are due for a change (big lip and front and rear discs) perhaps they dragging as Rich stated, Now that i think about it around town and on main A roads I have never gotten anymore than 38 MPG.

Anything to be concerned about fellas.

·
Registered
74 Posts
mine doin 39mpg rnd town and mine a 2004 2.0l tdci but cant use 6th as it needs too much throttle and at below 50 just judders alot when using throttle pedal

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
You can either get a 2.0 petrol or a 2.0TDCi.
I`m doing a plan for a project to get an early C-Max & either a2.5 ST 5cylinder engine or a simlar engine out of an old Volvo 850R.
I think I have sourced an engine (Volvo) & now need to get a car & some workspace.
Think I`ll get next Sun ( Valentines ) & the following Sat ( She who must be obeyed`s birthday ) out of the way first.
I`ve already rustled up a couple of friends to help with the work,so once I get get the engine,it can be stripped & rebuilt & have that ready for a donor car.
MM

·
Registered
470 Posts
MetalMicky08 said:
You can either get a 2.0 petrol or a 2.0TDCi.I`m doing a plan for a project to get an early C-Max & either a2.5 ST 5cylinder engine or a simlar engine out of an old Volvo 850R.I think I have sourced an engine (Volvo) & now need to get a car & some workspace.Think I`ll get next Sun ( Valentines ) & the following Sat ( She who must be obeyed`s birthday ) out of the way first.I`ve already rustled up a couple of friends to help with the work,so once I get get the engine,it can be stripped & rebuilt & have that ready for a donor car.MM

Looking forward to seeing the finished article mate.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts