C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I've got a 2012 titanium c-max and I've got a bundle of issues with my c-max which I think are all related.

1. One day the keyfob stopped working I couldn't open the car. I replaced the battery in the fob, checked the car battery, still nothing. Called out a locksmith who told me that he could see codes were being sent from the fob. When he was inside the car we both noticed there was a drip coming from the centre light cluster which is where the locksmith says the antenna for the fob is.

2. I've always had a problem with water gathering in the drives side door - hasn't been making it into the car as far as I can tell

3. maybe unrelated - but my driveway slopes - the car is always parked nose up

4. Just recently I've noticed that compared to other vehicles on my street my car always has a huge amount of condensation on the front window

At first I thought the problem was that there was a hole in the roof (there's no sunroof though) but I'm starting to come around to the idea that it's related to condensation.I did some googling and I've seen a lot of people are talking about water ingress due to either the pollen filter or a gap in the bodywork that causes water to gather on the driver's side. There was talk of a TSB from Ford about this but I've not been able to track down a link to the actual document. And that this, in turn, can cause condensation? So I'm assuming the drip I'm seeing from the light cluster is caused by condensation and not a hole in the roof.

I've got my car booked in to a Ford dealer tomorrow to have a look at it so hopefully, it'll all get sorted but I want to give them as much information upfront as possible as I know they're not wanting to spend hours stripping the interior looking for a water leak.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there!

I've got a 2012 titanium c-max and I've got a bundle of issues with my c-max which I think are all related.

1. One day the keyfob stopped working I couldn't open the car. I replaced the battery in the fob, checked the car battery, still nothing. Called out a locksmith who told me that he could see codes were being sent from the fob. When he was inside the car we both noticed there was a drip coming from the centre light cluster which is where the locksmith says the antenna for the fob is.

2. I've always had a problem with water gathering in the drives side door - hasn't been making it into the car as far as I can tell

3. maybe unrelated - but my driveway slopes - the car is always parked nose up

4. Just recently I've noticed that compared to other vehicles on my street my car always has a huge amount of condensation on the front window

At first I thought the problem was that there was a hole in the roof (there's no sunroof though) but I'm starting to come around to the idea that it's related to condensation.I did some googling and I've seen a lot of people are talking about water ingress due to either the pollen filter or a gap in the bodywork that causes water to gather on the driver's side. There was talk of a TSB from Ford about this but I've not been able to track down a link to the actual document. And that this, in turn, can cause condensation? So I'm assuming the drip I'm seeing from the light cluster is caused by condensation and not a hole in the roof.

I've got my car booked in to a Ford dealer tomorrow to have a look at it so hopefully, it'll all get sorted but I want to give them as much information upfront as possible as I know they're not wanting to spend hours stripping the interior looking for a water leak.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
similar water ingress issues and heavy condensation/misting.
I suspect that as cars age the squeege type rubbers on the side windows become hardened with sunlight etc. and can no longer stop rain penetrating into the doors and then producing mist and condensation inside the car.
Not sure if these can be renewed and if so at what cost.
I guess there must be drain holes in the underside of the doors but havent looked ,, maybe blocked?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does sound like water in the car somewhere. I've put electric heaters in a car. With doors open to dry it out. If you have a garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts