C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first thing in the morning when the engine is first fired up the tickover is hunting (ie slightly unsettled) and once a flat spot when first pulling away no power at all for a second although lots of pedal applied ,this only lasts for the first 100 yards up the road then all is good.
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Temperature sensors for inlet air, coolant or fuel?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
may give the engine a minute to warm but until you move away and load the engine i think the hunting would continue ,i am new to this engine and havent had time for a good look around,i first suspected an air temp sender /regulator in the air inlet path or a modern take on the old systm of delivering more fuel during start and initial cold run (my old mk 2 golf had a choke type affair for this )
the car has gone back to the dealer for repair under warranty today and thair record has been very good for a nissan dealer (probably better than Ford
)
but its always good to hear experianced opinions so i can counter the dealers B- sh*t with a reasonable argument.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
all fuel injection has this in the form of increased injector pulse time

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WENT TO THE DEALER TODAY AFTER A PHONE CALL SAYING ALL WAS FIXED AND ERG WAS REPROGRAMMED
turned the key and guess what hunting worse than before could actually hear the heat sheilds rattling on the low part of the revs , needless to say gave the keys back .
Has anyone had any previous experience of this ???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I have the 1.8 tdi 2008and have exactly the same problem... It's more noticible when the enjine is cold but sometimes when cornering it has very little power in second gear no matter how much accelerator is applied.will fitting an electronic engine chip solve this problem....the firm i work for use focus estates and they also do it??????

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
whichever ECU you have in the temperature effect is likely to be of a similar extent

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It gets better after two weks at the dealer it turns out that all the valvesare been replacedin the engine and a report will be provided when they return it next week ,at this point i have no idea why.
i can only asume that the previos owner lost the cam belt and did a quick repair on the cheap,
it went well and i would never have guessed the valves were bent,thank god its being fixed under the warranty

10/10 for the dealer

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
If the valve stems were bent then it wouldn't run as the valves wouldn't move let alone seal

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my previous fiesta ran with bent valves but noisy induction was always presant and when we eventually changed them as the oil seals were failing causing heavy oil consumption, when they were changed the only damage was a slightly out of true valve stem right at the base of the valves,this was caused by belt failure.
as i said previosly i am only assuming that may have been the problem,may have been burnt valves rare on a diesel though?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got our max back on sunday all fixed it turns out that the customer relations girl thinks that thair is only one kind of valve "WRONG"
The ERG valve was sent away and reconditioned and refitted ,
this didnt work ,so the car was taken to the nearest ford dealer on the back of a recovery truck from the nissan dealer where we bought the car and they fitted new injectors and reprogramed the engine management system. and all is well and the best bit is all repairs were paid for by the dealer ,thank god we didnt buy it from a private seller.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts