C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to change the fuel filter on a 2.0TDCi ? It is easy to get to and remove all pipes but I cant work out how to remove the actual filter to change it.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate this info is very helpful. I will have a go at changing it at the weekend. When I've fitted the new filter I plan to connect a 12V lift pump to the inlet side of the filter and pump diesel from a beaker into the filter with the bleed nipple open, when diesel comes out of the nipple I will close it and let it pressurise,then I will remove the lift pump and connect the pipe from the tank to the filter, and if I'm right the car should startfirst timewithout any problems. Do you think my idea will work, because I dont wont to end up with a flat battery and burnt out starter motor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fill the filter with diesel first before you connect the pipes again-that should do the trick. We,ve all had problems with this one i can tell you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've done this before in the past, and it's not that bad a job to do. The important thing, in addition to Adge's suggestion below, is quickly plug up the fuel lines when you unclip them (the fuel filter should come supplied with the plugs you need to use).

That way there will be very little fuel escaping from the system which will need to be re-primed again by the pump. When I changed the fuel filter on my 2.0 TDCi doing those two things, the engine fired back into life again after only around 5 seconds of cranking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi there this is an easy job but can so easily go wrong as i learnt the hard way but sorted it all myself in the end as it wasnt going to beat me. Firstly i would say get some towels and cover up that bl***dy alt underneath it as the diesel will stuff it and then you will be in a big mess. Then get the newfilter boxplugsand as said before disconnect the inlet and out one at a time plug them. Try to put them out the way in the air not pushed down trying to not let air in and fuel out. Then get 27mm socket and simply undo the top of filter take out filter replace and renew seal which comes with new filter. Screw top back on and put connecting pipes back on and you must make sure you fill up the filter this is VERY important. Start car and give it a couple of grand for a minute and all should be fine. I learnt the hard way and didnt plug pipes and air got up the pipes and messed it up but i fixed it by connecting the out let pipe onto the filter and another tool which has the same connections as the inlet to the fuel filter and the connection that goes to the fuel filter inlet. This had a pump on it which was to be squeezed by hand (took ages) and filled up the fuel pipe going to the injectors and fuel filter and that was enough to get car going again once i dis connected the tool.

What i was planning on doing was tofit an inline pump into the system leading to the inlet of the fuel filter. Someof the other cars i have worked on mates and parents etc etc have had these already built in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.