C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi hope someone can help me ..i want to know if 18" alloys will fit my 04 focus c-max ghia?? ive seen a nice set on an alloys site and they say they fit, correct pcd and offset etc.. but a few other people have told me 18s are to big for the cmax...so could someone tell me a definite anwser please :confused::confused: i.e they will fit yes/no and will the handling be shite? and do i need to change anything else? Thank you. Gareth

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
hi hope someone can help me ..i want to know if 18" alloys will fit my 04 focus c-max ghia?? ive seen a nice set on an alloys site and they say they fit, correct pcd and offset etc.. but a few other people have told me 18s are to big for the cmax...so could someone tell me a definite anwser please :confused::confused: i.e they will fit yes/no and will the handling be shite? and do i need to change anything else? Thank you. Gareth
18" are an allowable fit to CMax though you might rerquire rack travel limiters to prevent tyre rub on body at full lock
the revs per mile figures are about 0.5% different and I don't know about need for reprogramme

View attachment 170

Sorry
Not certain what happened above

·
Registered
415 Posts
I use 235/35-19" on mine no problem there.

If i can remember correct i have increased tire rotation with 2,41% here in Norway +- 5% is legal.

and speedo is more accurate with 235/35-19" then originals 205/55-16"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks very much for the quick responses i really appreciate it!! sorry got a few more questions..... this rack travel limiter is that a must or can i just be careful when on full lock? also if the car was fully loaded e.g roof box,cycle rack,5up etc would i not get any rubbing from 18s then? also can you get 225/35/18 tyres is there much difference between them and 40s i.e ride,handling,price? and finally last one can anyone recommend a good but cheap tyre,i have seen fulrun,nankang,autogrip,kenda,pace etc but when ive google review then they all have bad reviews so whats around the same level/price but half decent? thanx again

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
the lower the profile the more expensive they are and the less alternatives as to brand
the std 225/40R18 is on an 8J rim

the nearest 35 alternative is 255/35R18 that are on 9J with possibly 245/35R18 on 8½J
You really would need to properly check the offsets of the rims and the possibility of touching. You'd need to check at full load as well

Indications from Blackcircles.com's prices suggest 245/35R18 would be more expensive than the 255's but even then over £150 a corner

Not fully certain what MOT testers are allowed regarding possible rather than actual danger in this area

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have 18's on my 2 litre diesel tdce 05 plate. The tyres are low profile. I will post a picture of one of the wheels. The ride is hard if anything else. You will feel every bump in the road. If you have good condition originals with excellent tyres I would swap you today.
At the end of the day you are just making the car look smarter, but the driving experience for me is pants.

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
In my opinion, there is little need to go beyond 16" standard wheels. I noticed a difference in ride quality when I was in my mates identical car on 17" wheels. Mine also rides better (and quieter!) when I put on the 16" ex Mondeo steel wheels and Cooper Weathermaster winter tyres, as well as gripping better and feeling more "planted". The handing on winter tyres, especially in the wet, is streets ahead of the summer tyres the car came with. In my case the OEM continentals on the back and some cheap Chinese S**te called "Fullrun" on the front, which are truly appalling! I'm considering replacing the "summer" tyres with Goodyear Vector all seasons. Anybody have any experience of them? They seem to get a good write-up in Tyretest.com

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've got to agree with BigBudgie here. The ride quality is a joke with the 18's. Listen if you want bigger wheels and low profiles go for a sports car not a bloomin family mpv. Yeah they make the car look good, but realistically the handling and noise and overall feel of these bigger wheels is crap.
So has anyone got the original Ghia wheels with excellent tyres because I will swap you right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey bottletree yeah my ghia alloys are in vey good condition with accelera tyres 1 alloy has a few kerb marks, 2 tyres are about 6 months old and 2 tyres about 1 years old but all still all in great condition so if you serious abut swapping let me know.

·
Registered
262 Posts
hey bottletree yeah my ghia alloys are in vey good condition with accelera tyres 1 alloy has a few kerb marks, 2 tyres are about 6 months old and 2 tyres about 1 years old but all still all in great condition so if you serious abut swapping let me know.
Thats great news. I will pm you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hope you can see all wheels clearly. The offside wheels seem to be in great condition, but nearside has some curbing especially front nearside. I had the front wheels balanced last week.
So you have front nearside,front offside,rear nearside,rear offside.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
changing from steel wheels to alloy wheels

hello, thanks for looking.
i've just bought a 54reg c-max, 1.6lx 45000miles. it's got its standard wheels on which are steel with wheel trims. the tyre size is shown on the tyre wall as 195/65/16R.
i'm after putting some c-max alloys on, which i've been looking about for. i've fond some mondeo alloy wheels which are advertised as 205/55/16. they are 5 stud and i'm wondering if they'd fit without having to make any changes.

thanks alot, and i'm asking this question as i'm totally useless when it comes to cars... i can just about manage washing one

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes Ford Mondeo wheels will fit onto Ford Cmax. Just make sure it's 5 stud you get.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
hello, thanks for looking.
i've just bought a 54reg c-max, 1.6lx 45000miles. it's got its standard wheels on which are steel with wheel trims. the tyre size is shown on the tyre wall as 195/65/16R.
i'm after putting some c-max alloys on, which i've been looking about for. i've fond some mondeo alloy wheels which are advertised as 205/55/16. they are 5 stud and i'm wondering if they'd fit without having to make any changes.

thanks alot, and i'm asking this question as i'm totally useless when it comes to cars... i can just about manage washing one
Never heard of any CMax having 195/65R16 fitted and ~I can't find any mention of that size in my tyre data books

1 - 20 of 24 Posts