C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im after a set of !7" alloys for my cmax, i would like the ones from the ultima model, or the 20 spoke ones off the new titanium, bit of a tall order, but worth a shout
Lee

·
Registered
612 Posts
I also have some 16 " ghia wheels off a c max. There not what your looking for but as people seem to be using this to advertise I may aswell also. If anyone is interested drop me a message veiwing is welcome. There a tidy set of wheels

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have just purchesed some new wheels for my c max as I am putting it back on the road after it been sorned since june. I looked and found a great deal of ford alloys for sale on ebay for a good price. I decided to go for some after market wolfrace wheels in black as the ford wheels were from the new range and they were 235 50 r 17 the wheels I have now are 205 55 r 16 and the wheels I just brought are 205 50 r17. I would have a look on ebay I was about to buy a set of 17" mondeo alloys the st ones for £200 but they were two wide

·
Registered
612 Posts
The 17" wheels st style on the new mondeo are 235 50 r 17 very wide and they at looking did not look like they would fit

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here's a couple of picture of my old Focus CC3

Lowered 30mm with Eibach springs
255-30-19 on the front and 265-30-19 on the rears. Still had no trouble getting full lock without rubbing on the inner wing or the wheel arch

[url="http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/nitrosi/CC%20Pictures/IMG_0103.jpg%5b/img"]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/nitrosi/CC%20Pictures/IMG_0103.jpg[/img[/url]]

[img]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/nitrosi/CC%20Pictures/IMG_0101.jpgEdited by: tdci-Si

·
Registered
46 Posts
tdci-Si said:
Here's a couple of picture of my old Focus CC3

Lowered 30mm with Eibach springs
255-30-19 on the front and 265-30-19 on the rears. Still had no trouble getting full lock without rubbing on the inner wing or the wheel arch

Edited by: tdci-Si

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dont see why not.

Just out of intrest and to help you further, what size rubber was on your car when you got it or whatwas on it when it was new? If you let me know then i can tell you if your chosen tyre size will alter the speedo reading too much

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had when I got it 205/55 R16<actinic:prices prod_ref="673" retail_price_prompt="Price:">

I then changed to 205 50 r 17

I was just looking at some kuga wheels and mondeo wheels both are 17 but the tyres are 235 45 r 17

sorry about the lettering it has gone mad
</actinic:prices>

·
Registered
612 Posts
oh and somethink else is different my wheels say 6.5 the mondeo and kuga wheels say 7.5 but I cant seem to find someone whe knows what that is

·
Registered
612 Posts
6.5 x 16" offset 52.5 for tyres 205/55 R16 MY C MAX

7.5 X 17" X 52.5 - Tyre NOT included<actinic:prices prod_ref="1239" retail_price_prompt="Price:"> THE KUGA
</actinic:prices>

<actinic:prices prod_ref="673" retail_price_prompt="Price:"></actinic:prices>

·
Registered
46 Posts
thats the width of the wheel in inches

The ones on my CC were 9.5

235/45/17 are pretty much spot on and im sure they'd fit with no issues. They'd give your speedo an error reading of about 1% and thats just not worth worrying about. If the 235's are already on the wheels i suggest putting at least one of them on the front and then steering from lock to lock to make sure all is well, but as i said, i doubt you'll have a problem.... you'd probably be ok if it was lowered too

·
Registered
612 Posts
lol my wife just about lets me change the wheels if i mentioned lowering she would shoot me. The wheels are for sale thing is they have no tyres on them that is why i am a little worried about buying them as if they dont fit i am out the door so i must the correct size

·
Registered
46 Posts
http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresiz2.html

The above will give you a tyre size calculator.

Where it says OLD TYRE SIZE you need to put in the tyre size that your vehicle had from new (check owners hanbook if you bought car 2nd hand)

New tyre size: The tyres you are thinking about using. Anything less than a 3% difference is fine, you should be able to get it less than 2% pretty easy. Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 32 Posts