C-Max Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it has finally happened, the first big problem with my baby.
54 plate 2 lt diesel, lets start at the begining shall we.
on the way home from work ( a 3 mile drive) the battery light has come on, at this point half way home, next comes the various warning lights flashing on and off at random ( pull off the road I hear you cry,only problem rush hour and no place to pull off) at this point three quarters of the way home. next comes the clicking of the various relays under the dash. this stops and so do the wind screen wipers.at this point only 200 yards to home. now this is the best bit...... a full emergency stop all by herself, lucky only doing 15 mph. what could one do but put the hazards on only they do not work . only 100 yards to home . biggest problem that can be 1 man pushing his baby up a hill in the pouring rain with slippy shoes no jacket and a soar neck from the emerg stop.

she is currenty awaiting the oval doc to check her out
i'm sporting a bit of a chill and various soar bits.

will continue this when the doc gets back to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
picked the baby up on monday.she seems to be fine now (where as I am almost 600lbs lighter in the wallet).

the story continued,
phoned the doc to find out that it was the alternator that had gone kaput.(would have thought the software would detect the reduced output) this was replaced and the doc would charge the battery over night.phoned the following day to find out the battery was also kaput (how very strange I think to myself) this also replaced at vast expence due to it being a ford genuine part.

this brings me to the question of how many other maxers have had a total battery discharge that is unrecoverable??

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I think it is not only the full discharge but the rate at which it discharges that can cause the plates to buckle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts