OK, so I've now had the GCM about a month...
On the MPG front, it's better than it was. Still haven't done any litre to actual miles travelled calculations but I'm getting mid-forties MPG according to the trip computer. Drove to the West Country last weekend and on the journey back (with a full tank) was getting 48.6mpg and even though it was virtually all motorway with cruise control now and again, I think that's pretty good going. If I'm honest, I'm still pretty put out at how wildy the Ford figures differ from reality but at least this is the sort of fuel consumption I can live with (ie. can afford
* Good driving position.
* Very little road noise.
* 'Hill assist' which reduces the need for the handbrake on a hill start.
* Front/rear parking sensors: never had them before and after only a month, am coming to reply
* Heated frontwindscreen.
* Ambient lighting and 'puddle' lights.
* Parking ticket holder.
* Parking sensor interrupts when using Bluetooth audio.
* Rain sensing wipers (not just on this car though).
* Parking sensor/heated screen controls are difficult to use depending on what gear you're in as
they get obscured by the gear stick. Similar issue with the climate control.
* Climate control temperature knob is too smooth and difficult to grip.
* Front headrests are only adjustable vertically.
* Rear headrests have to be raised significantly otherwise they sit directly between your
Knocking noise coming from the B pillar on both sides. Ford dealer had to "adjust the front doors" and it's now *almost* gone. After they'd done this, they told me that it wasn't covered
under the warranty, which I was surprised about. Didn't charge me though, so can't argue.
Squeek coming from the rear seats. Ford dealer had to "lubricate the rear seat runners" and that now seems to have completely disappeared.
A couple of times, I've been unable to open the off-side sliding door, even though it's unlocked. Am putting this down as a one/two-off.
Fan wouldn't shut off after having driven ashort distance, even though the engine wasn't warm and the outside temperature was barely above zero. Had to get in and start the engine, then shut it off before the fan would stop...left it for 10 minutes before doing this and it was still going. Again, putting this down as a one-off but will keep my ears peeled for it happening again.
All in all, still very glad we chose this car.