wanted-door pepper red - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 09-20-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

hi..as heading, after a drivers side front door for 2004 c max in pepper red..trying to get one in that colour so as to avoid respray costs..?
cheers, rgds stu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-20-2010, 10:30 PM

have you looked on ebay?

New 60 plate cmax panther black
post #3 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 03:55 PM

Try Parts Gateway.
I have used them and they are a very easy way to find parts from a number of sources.

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.

post #4 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

cheers for replies guys...
have tried both several times as well as breakeryard.com but no luck..they get cmax doors from time to time but i need to get the right colour as otherwise may as well just spray door i have on car..been quoted about 250 for paintingwhilst a 2nd hand door should be about 75...?
rgds stu
post #5 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 07:34 PM

Personally if the door is not damaged and only needs paint I would get my existing door painted so it matched the rest of the car ( It will be blown into the rest of the car and any colour differences will be lost). It will also be hanging nicely with no sign at sale time of replacement. I replaced a boot lid on an old BMW with a second hand one in the same colour and you could see aslight difference in paint colour.

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

yep, starting to think that way too.. wouldn't mind so much if it were a new car but as we've had it for a few years now its hard to justify (and find!)the money..!!!
rgds stu
post #7 of 10 Old 09-21-2010, 10:42 PM

Try afew body shops.
I scraped the bumper on my BMW Z3 acouple of years ago and through a guy I know in the tradefound a guy willingto paint it for 150 cash. That involved using paint with additives to make it flexible.

post #8 of 10 Old 09-25-2010, 11:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to darren
Hi Stu your postman here ,have you tried smartways in hanworth ,mobile sprayers /
Darren
post #9 of 10 Old 09-26-2010, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

hello mate..., fancy meeting you here...!!!
no i haven't been to any yet as been busy polishing whole car, wheels refurbed etc and don't wanna know how much its gonna cost!
but need to get it done now as rest of car is looking pretty good compared to state it was in before..

will give em a shout and see how much they quote...are they any good do you know?

cheers mate, rgds stu
post #10 of 10 Old 09-26-2010, 01:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to darren
He is across the road from the esso garage in hanworth,ive seen jags in there and land rovers so he must be good ,waiting for him to ring me as some Woman tried to squeeze past mine and scratched rear bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page