Titanium v Zetec? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 05-03-2012, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Titanium v Zetec?

Hi

I'm looking to buy a used C-Max 1.8TDi or 2.0TDi from around 2007. I am trying to decide whether (a) I need the the extra power of the 2.0 and (b) the extra cost of a Titanium compared to a Zetec is worth it.

I am tempted by the 2.0 as I want to pull a caravan but we are only three in the family and my son's only 5 years old. I am only going to buy a C-Max instead of a Focus because the boot space is a bit small for caravanning.

Re Titanium v Zetec, there do not seem to be many more features on the Titanium that would jusitfy the extra cost - save perhaps for the stereo. A decent stereo is very important to me.

How much better is the Sony unit and speakers in the Titanium than the Zetec?? I've heard the latter is weak. They are both single CD units right?

Finally, am I right in thinking that neither model comes with Climate Control and heated seats are only available on the Titanium and then only as an option?

Thanks in advance!
Richmax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-03-2012, 01:24 PM

Hi
I have a 1.6 diesel 2008 c-max and when i was looking in jan this year all i could find was titanium's found 1 zetec but was a petrol and i wanted a diesel the sony stereo i have in my titanium is a 6 stack cd player and it sounds very good 2 me .

Mine has a/c but doesn't have heated seats as mine are cloth not leather .

hope this helps you
post #3 of 9 Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
The extra power of the 2.0 is not the only difference. The 2.0 is a MUCH nicer engine overall than the 1.8, which is a bit dead below 2000 rpm, when it seems to wake up. The 2.0 is also fitted with a 6 speed 'box as against a 5 speeder in the others. The 6 speed is a lovely smooth 'box compared to the 1.8 which is a bit clunky in comparison.
As owner of a 2.0 Zetec I would urge you to spend the extra and get the Titanium. The equipment level on the Zetec is DIRE in comparison and only includes such things as A leather steering wheel (WOW!), Privacy Glass (which I have grown to detest) and Alloy Wheels (Big Deal!!), all of which are purely cosmetic and add nothing whatsoever to the car. Also, the drivers electric window only has one touch down (not up! inexcusable!) and there is no really useful extra included. Such things as the rear side window sun blinds and the kiddy spy mirror will probably never be used!
The Titanium, on the other hand, has Cruise control, Four lecky windows with one touch, A Sony radio (with bluetooth I think) and other things that make life behind the wheel more bearable. Rain sensing wipers and auto headlights I think are standard if you like that kind of thing. Another extra is a better centre console with a USB input for the Sony radio and a centre armrest covering a storage bin, all absent on Zetec.
On the Plus side, the car is comfortable, quick off the mark, is really nice to drive, very refined and handles nicely . I only wish I had stuck to my guns and spent a bit longer looking for a Titanium. You won't regret waiting for one, but you may regret buying the, by comparison, almost poverty spec Zetec!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec

Last edited by Big Budgie; 05-03-2012 at 03:02 PM.

post #4 of 9 Old 05-06-2012, 12:18 PM

I'm confused, did Titanium spec take over from Ghia Spec (with its nasty fake wood and Sweeney undertones) ?
post #5 of 9 Old 05-06-2012, 01:35 PM

yep, the ghia name was dropped for titanium, the noticeable changes really was different style alloys and if you've trawled this site the dreaded EPB was dropped and ford reverted back to a manual handbrake. i'm sure other members will add to this list.

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
post #6 of 9 Old 05-06-2012, 08:18 PM

That's another thing! The "trim" on the dash, round the gearlever and on the door pulls is SERIOUSLY tacky in my opinion. (although my sis in law thinks it's nice!) It looks like refugee bits of biscuit tin! Someone came up with the idea of covering them with carbon fibre style vinyl which really appeals to me. I fully expect to find "Rover Assorted" written on the back of them when I take them off! LOL!
I think you also get powerfold mirrors with built in indicators and "pool" lights on the Tit. No such niceties on the Zetec, although to be fair, it does have electric/heated mirrors. I think the Tit also has height adjustment on the passy seat as well as the drivers. I'm sure there's more!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec

Last edited by Big Budgie; 05-06-2012 at 08:21 PM.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-06-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Budgie View Post
That's another thing! The "trim" on the dash, round the gearlever and on the door pulls is SERIOUSLY tacky in my opinion. (although my sis in law thinks it's nice!) It looks like refugee bits of biscuit tin! Someone came up with the idea of covering them with carbon fibre style vinyl which really appeals to me. I fully expect to find "Rover Assorted" written on the back of them when I take them off! LOL!
I think you also get powerfold mirrors with built in indicators and "pool" lights on the Tit. No such niceties on the Zetec, although to be fair, it does have electric/heated mirrors. I think the Tit also has height adjustment on the passy seat as well as the drivers. I'm sure there's more!
Tit has been the standard across ford range for some time

list of other differences from Fords site

My also be differences in trim as well
Hill Start Assist
Deflation Detection System
Automatic on/off - includes automatic wipers with rain sensor, variable dimming of instrument cluster and radio screen display, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, headlight courtesy delay
Ford Power Starter Button
Cruise control
Air conditioning Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
Floor mats Front-2 row & 3 row on grand, velour with ‘Ford’ tag
Centre console
SONY DAB Audio System
Centre console Premium
Front seat Passenger's manual lumbar support adjustment
Overhead console
Courtesy light Ambient LED courtesy lighting & Footwell area, front and rear reading lights
Child observation mirror

12 plate 1.6 Titanium Grand
post #8 of 9 Old 05-07-2012, 10:14 AM

Rich is looking for a USED one, so what the 2010 model has is largely irrelevant I would have thought!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #9 of 9 Old 05-07-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Budgie View Post
Rich is looking for a USED one, so what the 2010 model has is largely irrelevant I would have thought!
sorry

12 plate 1.6 Titanium Grand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page