Diagnostic software etc - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-12-2012, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Diagnostic software etc

Hi
Anyone know where i can aquire diagnostic software for my 05 cmax 2.0 tdci.
i want to clear abs fault & cam sensor faults,
Any ideas?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 AM

Have a look on this web site ELM327 Software USB Plastic OBD2 II Can-Bus Car Diagnostic Scanner Tool V1.4 - Tmart.com I have the same unit which came with software which I got on Amazon for about 14, they are offering it for 10.33 free postage. There are other units available including stand alone and bluetooth but the cheap stand alone units tend to be rather basic with restricted abilities. Its worth having a look at the other items on offer, I have recently purchased a Pentax camera infra red remote for 1.77 inc postage. Most if not all the electronics that we buy comes from the Far East so you might as well take advantage of the cheaper prices, it will take a little longer to get here so if you are in a hurry have a look on Amazon. I can recommend the item it works pefectly, it is unlikely that it will switch off the abs fault without extra software but you should be able to get that with a search online I have obtained a lot of extra software that way. It should be noted that if the fault is still there the EML will light up again.

2006 1.8 Petrol Ghia Silver

Last edited by dodger; 08-13-2012 at 08:40 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-13-2012, 01:00 PM

Autop D900 Scanner
AUTOP D900 CAR DIAGNOSTIC FAULT CODE READER SCANNER PRO OBD SCAN NEW VERSION!! | eBay

I got one of these 2012 model for about 27, Connects to my 53 2.0 TDCI and reads out the errors.
I found with the 2.0 TDCI engines on the cmax is a bit of a grey area on Ford Diagnostic's. I guess as it was a new engine, the engine managerment was out sourced! Only the newer models are supported by diagnostics (Ford F-super)

post #4 of 4 Old 08-13-2012, 02:44 PM

I agree blunder, the D900 is an excellent piece of kit for the money, used it on various cars & its connected everytime. Mine came with a nice hard plastic case.

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page