C-max with AUX - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-12-2012, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

C-max with AUX

Hi!

I'm looking for a C-max from 2007 and later. I wanna use my iPhone to play music, so I want the stereo to have AUX line in. How common is this in C-max,
  • Can I count on it from any model and onward?
  • Can I count on it depending on Trend/Ghia/Titanium?

I'm scouring the web for C-max ads but they don't always tell whether there's AUX or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Don't know if you've ever heard of this outfit www.xcarlink.co.uk or not, but if you have a look, they have both ipod and SD/USB interfaces which plug into the autochanger connector on most OEM radios. I had an SD card one on my Picasso for three years and it was excellent. I haven't got one for the CMax as yet as mine actually has an AUX input. If the car you are considering has either the 6000CD or 6000CDC head unit, it should have an aux socket in the centre console next to the 12V (Cig lighter) socket.
If you have a look on the xcarlink site, and look at the "Compatibility" tab, you'll see that both the radios shown have an "aux" button. Whether this is actually connected to something in all models I couldn't say, Perhaps one of the other older hands will know for sure.
I can definitely recommend an XCarlink for your ipod though.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #3 of 8 Old 05-17-2012, 09:28 AM
33q

I'd go for a Parrot Bluetooth kit. Charges your Ipod/Iphone, gives you a display of what's playing or phoning. You can also use a USB stick and it gives you a line in.

The kit uses its own amp but your car's existing speakers. Very easy and neat to fit. I have fixed the display on the top of the steering column.

You don't need an 'aux stereo'.

2005 2.0 tdci Ghia

Last edited by 33q; 05-17-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: grammar!

post #4 of 8 Old 05-19-2012, 07:12 AM

You can buy the lead from a ford dealership that plugs into the rear of you stereo as i have 28ish ....thats if your radio has the aux button on it !

55 plate 1.6. tdci ghia euro4 18\" Focus ST Alloy Wheels Pirelli rubber xenon blue interior lighting Parking sensors all round tinted windows Sony 6 disc Snooper S2 (now sold :-() Vauxhall Vectra SRi XPACK II 08 plate 200bhp 19" snowflake alloy's
post #5 of 8 Old 05-19-2012, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleemad View Post
You can buy the lead from a ford dealership that plugs into the rear of you stereo as i have 28ish ....thats if your radio has the aux button on it !
Thnx for the tips. I feel that an AUX line in would be good to have, but it seems most C-max from 2008 onward has it? Nevertheless but both Parrot and xcarlink seems really interesting.

Although I don't really get it: How can the Parrot use the existing speakers, where do I get the cables? Where do I put the "box"? Surely it must be of some size if it has it's own amp. Also seems like pretty expensive stuff

How do I connect the Xcarlink? On the back of the original stereo somehow, but how do I get back there and where do the cables and xcarlink end up? Glove compartment?
post #6 of 8 Old 05-19-2012, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleemad View Post
Where do I put the cable in that case? I.e. get it out into the car
post #7 of 8 Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
The Xcarlink website explains it all. Most OEM Head units, including the Ford 6000CD/CDC can accept, and drive, an external CD autochanger. There is a socket in the rear of the unit for plugging it in. The xcarlink appears as an autochanger to the unit and works in the same way. The radio controls allow you to select "CDs" and tracks as you wish.
The usb/sd one I had (also with line in) needed you to create a file structure with folders named CD01, CD02, CD03.....etc up to CD10. You could then drop mp3 or wma files into the folders and the unit played them in order, moving onto the next "CD" (Folder) when it was finished. Each folder could take up to 99 files.
The display on my (Citroen) radio would read CD1 track 10 or whatever. That one wasn't clever enough to give the song title. When you switched off the car it shut down with the radio and fired up from where it left off when you started up again. Depending on the level of compression you use on your files you could get enough music on a 2GB card to drive from Lands End to John o' groats AND BACK before it repeated itself! I use MP3 Pro at 64 K mostly and found the quality excellent.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #8 of 8 Old 05-19-2012, 04:34 PM
33q

The Parrot kit comes with all the cables except for a 10 or so cable link.The parrot kit fits between the cd6000 and the cars speakers cutting the cd6000 off when the Parrot is in use. eg Car radio is playing and you get an incoming call . Click the green button on the parrot remote, radio cuts, phone sound comes through speakers. Brilliant. Just Google Parrot...the website explains it well.
You see no wires at all except for the to the ipod/iphone but unless you want to you don't have to connect by wire.
Parrot has its own amp. I have stuck mine under the dash..its about twice the size of a cigarette packet. All in including lead I paid 115.

2005 2.0 tdci Ghia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page