17" wheels F.S. - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

17" wheels F.S.

wheelsFS pictures by mrdriver52 - Photobucket

Looking for interest in these wheels for sale. hope the pics. work.

They are just refurbished and replaced by winter steel wheels with winter tyres. I have now stuck with the 16" rims.

I am asking 300 for these, the refurb receipt is for 260.

They were diamond cut but the laquer had gone horrible as they do, so they have been powder coated by My Alloys in Basingstoke, and they really have come up well, any one interested in these then I am on here listening out. Cheers!!

Doris.
2ltr TDCI Ghia 56 reg.

Last edited by CDORISMAX; 04-05-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-05-2012, 06:15 PM

As an admin note
Since the change of forum software you can now add pictures directly to the messages providing they are below 970 Kb each

PS
and edit the messages after posting it

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 18 Old 04-05-2012, 08:48 PM

Would you consider sending them via a courier at my cost if you arranged the courier ?

55 plate 1.6. tdci ghia euro4 18\" Focus ST Alloy Wheels Pirelli rubber xenon blue interior lighting Parking sensors all round tinted windows Sony 6 disc Snooper S2 (now sold :-() Vauxhall Vectra SRi XPACK II 08 plate 200bhp 19" snowflake alloy's

post #4 of 18 Old 04-06-2012, 01:11 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Personally speaking. I would always fit the smallest wheel possible to clear the brake discs for three reasons.
1. Higher profile equals a more compliant and comfortable ride.
2. 16" Tyres are generally MUCH cheaper than their 17" or especially 18" counterparts.
3. FAR better and cheaper availability of winter tyres.
There are more reasons that are, to me, completely personal, one is that I think that tyres below 50% profile have no place on Britain's roads, particularly on a "family" MPV. I think they are utterly "naff" and can only detract from the comfort and usability of the vehicle.
I once went to look at a Mk3 Mondeo 2.0TDCi Ghia X which some clown had fitted with ST alloys. I test drove it and liked the car, except for the wheels, which destroyed the ride, tramlined badly, and produced the worst road noise I have ever heard. In comparison to my Brother in Laws similar car with standard wheels it was appalling! I tried to convince the salesman to give me standard steel wheels in place of the, frankly, hideous, ST wheels, but he wouldn't. He insisted that they were a "selling point" . He didn't get a sale that day! In retrospect, I should have bought the car and unloaded the crap alloys on ebay. I could have bought all four steels and tyres for the cost of ONE ST tyre!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #5 of 18 Old 04-06-2012, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

I looked quickly but could only find reference to photobucket, will have to have a better look next time. Thank you for the information.

Doris.
2ltr TDCI Ghia 56 reg.
post #6 of 18 Old 04-06-2012, 06:24 PM

If you use the "Go advanced" tab then you will find a paperclip icon

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Attachment Icon.jpg (64.5 KB, 9 views)

Richard
post #7 of 18 Old 04-06-2012, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Pooleemad, will consider the shipping and get some ideas but as they are such crap alloys are you sure you want them?
Bigbudgie, I guess the idea is much like how they sell bmw x3 or the new Evoke, pure posing pouches. style over function.
I don't suppose you will be making an offer then?

Doris.
2ltr TDCI Ghia 56 reg.
post #8 of 18 Old 04-06-2012, 08:29 PM

the "posher looking" the wheels the more likely to be nicked and the more your insurance company will want after you tell them (risk increase due to the nickability factor)

Richard
post #9 of 18 Old 04-06-2012, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Will they reduce my premium when I have the steel rims??

Doris.
2ltr TDCI Ghia 56 reg.
post #10 of 18 Old 04-06-2012, 09:55 PM

Probably not! The courier I have used for wheels typically around 30 for a set of 17 inch wheels and tyres (can send you details if you wish) Bigger wheels can look naff but considering Ford offered 17 /18 inch alloys as an option for the cmax; obviously the marketing department didn't think so. Mine came with 17's direct from the factory and drove perfect. I have upgraded to 18's and to be honest tyres are not much more expensive and it still drives as good!
Good luck with the sale!

2006 2.0tdci ghia,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page