What engine? Help. - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-31-2012, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

Question What engine? Help.

Hi.
This is my first post.
I had an 04 C Max 2.0 petrol ghia ultima and I loved it. It started loosing oil for no apparent reason and I was told by a few mechanics that it would be an expensive fix so I part exed it for a 59 1.8 Focus Titanium with sat nav and reversing camera (very cool). I've only had it 5 months but don't like it. I miss my C Max so I'm going to get another one. The only thing I didn't like about the 2.0 C Max was that I was lucky if I got 20 MPG, with the focus I'm only getting 27 MPG also not good.
I'm looking for a C Max Titanium mark 2 this time but could someone give me some advice on which engine size and fuel type I should get. Is there much difference in performance between the petrol and diesel. I understand that diesels are a bit more to buy but I'm liking the higher mpg. I only do about 9000 miles a year around town with the odd long journey thrown in.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Phil.

Last edited by filll44; 08-31-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-31-2012, 08:14 PM

I have a 1.6 TDCi diesel titanium 2008 and it is a very quick car when needed and very economical get about 44mpg local a roads and a bit of motorway i paid 8500 at a main dealer with 26000 miles 1 owner fsh . I have parking sensors front and rear 17 inch alloys the usual titanium spec . Going down to the isle of white next week for 2 weeks so when i get back will update how it went and what mpg was . Only mods i have done is put a k&n air filter in and put tyre pressure up to 36psi all round .

1.6 TDCi titanium 2008
post #3 of 8 Old 08-31-2012, 08:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to Beaker
I'm loving (to a point) my 2.0TDCi.

On a run for about an hour down the motorway the other day and it produced this ::

between Chorley and Kendal on the M6 that, so a few hills etc. Averaged 59.6 by the time I got to Windermere. Got less on the way back, but I was burying the foot down. Averaged out at 55.9.

Also TDCi is faster than the 2.0 Petrol.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-01-2012, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies. It looks like the diesel is a must. Now I just need to decide what size. I've been looking online and there aren't a great lot of titaniums about.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-01-2012, 10:08 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
The 2.0 TDCi Titanium would also be my choice. I ended up buying a Zetec as I couldn't find a Tit at the right mileage/price combo and I've regretted it ever since. The Zetec is poverty spec in comparison, and what "goodies" are included, namely sun blinds, "privacy glass" and a kiddy spy mirror are all but useless to anyone without youngsters! It's the only car I've ever had (with lecky windows) that doesn't have "one shot" up on the drivers side. It'll go down, but not up. Inexcusable in this day & age!
I would always go for the 2.0 over the 1.6 or 1.8, if only because the 6 speed 'box on the 2.0 is MUCH nicer to use than the 5 speeder on the other two. Driven with a modicum of restraint, the 2.0 is not much heavier to run. My usual MPG, up here in Shetland is about 47/48 worked out the old way, with a best over a tankfull of 51.5. Not bad for a vehicle which will sail effortlessly up every hill it comes to in 6th and goes like stink if you want it to!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #6 of 8 Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks big budgie.
I completely agree. After my ghia ultima and my titanium I couldn't go for anything less and like you say its hard finding the right car.
I'll just keep looking
post #7 of 8 Old 09-15-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Just to let you know. I picked up a 2008 c max titanium 2.0 TDCI in black. I had to drive from Essex to stoke on Trent to get it but I got it for 8000 with 32000 miles on it which I didn't think was to bad. It have of a chance to give it a test. It drives like a dream and it got 54 mpg which is double what my focus was giving me. I love the size and its quick to. I'm so pleased I went back to a c max. Thanks for all your advice. It only came with one alarm fob. Does anyone know where I can get another one from?
post #8 of 8 Old 09-15-2012, 05:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to Beaker
You can code them up yourself if you have 2 keys, but if you want to go to a locksmith you're looking at 120ish. I keep meaning to sort mine out from ebay or similar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page