Welcome to The Fun Bus - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-14-2011, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

Hello folks,
I'm not only new to the CMOC but new to Ford asI have just purchased my first Fordafter 19 years of driving and - touch plastic - things are going okay.

After hearing the usual acronyms about Ford's (Found On Rubbish Dumps / Fix Or Repair Daily etc etc) thought I'd give 'em a go

I've found what looks like a pretty solid motor with no major issues, but am having trouble findinga couple of bits for it. The engine cover was previously put on by a baboon and has split the retaining bushes, so that's first on my list (part number 3M5Q-6NO41A???) however this isn't the issue. My question to anyone with a 2004, 2 litre TDCI is what's going on with the battery tray &cover assembly? Mine looks like someone (the previously mentioned baboon maybe?) has added a couple of additional cables to the battery, and 'modified' the tray to suit. Basically, the cover hangs out towards the air filter housing with nothing to secure to so flaps about a bit.
Could someone send me a couple of photos of their un-molested(?) car showing both cover on and more importantly cover off please so that I can check out the cable routing? If you can provide part numbers as well, this would be greatly appreciated.

Other than this, and a strange whirring sound for a few seconds after switching off it looks like it could be a long happy relationship.

Many thanks

2004 (\'53 plate) 2.0 TDCI Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-14-2011, 04:23 AM

Hi & welcome to the club[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img].Sounds like someone has at some time added a larger battery than standard..Can`t post any pics of mine as daughter has "borrowed" my camera while she galavants around the far east ( it`s alright for some[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]).
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 3 Old 05-14-2011, 05:00 AM

Hi and welcome.
Regret I cannot help with your specific query as I don't get mine until tomorrow, and it's a petrol!
On other vehicles I have seen aftermarket stereos, alarms, and feeds for satnavs/phones taken direct from batteries, though I am sure it's frowned upon.
Hope you enjoy it!

NickS

2008 model 1.8 petrol C-Max Zetec in Avalon Blue - arrived 14 May 2011. Also own and drive: 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK350 and wife\'s Fiat Panda 1.2 skydome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page