Question - Handsfree - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-12-2012, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Question - Handsfree

Quick question from a newbie.

Got my titanium 07 plate on friday and am a bit dissapointed that there is no handsfree on the on-board computer......am I missing something? The phone button on the console just mutes the radio. Is there a DVD upgrade you can purchase? Do you have any recommendations? it looks like there are speakers in the overhead bit?

Also the parcel shelf is shocking and of the 5 or6 c-max I looked at this was the only one that even had one in - is this common? Im thinking of just going to a scrappers for this anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Moo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-19-2012, 05:33 PM

I have the same problem with my 06 plate. Unless the separate bluetooth module is with the radio it won't work. The radio can be set up for bluetooth, via its menu, but without the extra module it wont work. Daft I know. I tried to get a separate module but to no avail. Unless it came with it, you cant get it!

2006(06)1.8TDCi Zetec
post #3 of 4 Old 04-19-2012, 06:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
I, too was most miffed to find the "phone" button merely mutes the radio. Fortunately I already have an excellent sun visor bluetooth handsfree in the shape of an Iqua Miniufo see IQUA MINIUFO UNIVERSAL BLUETOOTH CAR KIT + VISOR MOUNT | eBay
I've had it for ages and it's very easy to operate, the sound is quite good and the battery lasts for weeks!
I also found out, by accident, that when I was listening to music off my phone's MP3 function through the Aux in socket and received a call, the music muted and the call came through the speakers. The phone mic (Nokia 5230) picked my voice up no probs. I have a "Brodit" active phone holder and bracket which mounts on the passenger side of the radio. This obviously won't work if you're listening to the radio, but you could always connect it up and change to the auxy input if you get a call or want to make one. Just a thought.
Regards Colin.

PS, The "parcel shelves" are absolutely appalling and don't deserve the name! A tonneau/roller blind would have been much better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19042012150.jpg (98.9 KB, 8 views)

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec

Last edited by Big Budgie; 04-19-2012 at 06:21 PM.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-25-2012, 03:26 PM

Good luck finding a parcel shelf... took me ages and lots of 'sorry mate... that went out earlier today' type responses.

Sounds like it would be simpler to just get a Parrot system than try to use the inbuilt stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page