POWER loss - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-01-2011, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

hi guysim a newbee on this forum and iamhoping someone might be able to give me ananswer,ok here go's...i have a 2008 c-max 2.0tdcititanium and it feels i have hardly any power during 2nd and 3rd gear, at some slow speeds i have to drop down more than i think i should be doing.I had a 2.0tdci c-max back in 2005 and iam sure it had more boost than i have now could this be a simple matter or do i get it looked at.
please forgive if more info is requiredthankstony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-02-2011, 05:56 AM

Could be Mass Air Flow Sensor, you will need to get it on a fault code reader to be sure.

54 Plate 2.0 TDCI Zetec, Panther Black, Xenons, Sony 6CD, ESP & F&R Parking Sensors
post #3 of 7 Old 08-02-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha-manc
hi guys
im a newbee on this forum and iamhoping someone might be able to give me ananswer,ok here go's...i have a 2008 c-max 2.0tdcititanium and it feels i have hardly any power during 2nd and 3rd gear, at some slow speeds i have to drop down more than i think i should be doing.
I had a 2.0tdci c-max back in 2005 and iam sure it had more boost than i have now could this be a simple matter or do i get it looked at.

please forgive if more info is required
thanks
tony
Does it only happen in 2nd & 3rd?

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else

post #4 of 7 Old 08-05-2011, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

yeah only in 2nd and 3rd also ive noticed when iam waiting at traffic lights i can feel a light judder through mysteering wheel ( that might not have anything to do with the boost prob)
post #5 of 7 Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

5th and 6th goes like a bullet just seems when iam slowing and returning back to speed
post #6 of 7 Old 08-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Could bea problem on the vacum side, affecting the turbo.

04 C-Max 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #7 of 7 Old 09-29-2011, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the posts guys , sorry ive notrepliedsooner been working away. yes richard only in 2nd & 3rd also now the nights have drawn in i have not notice some smoke in my rear view mirror from headlights...(maybe injection???) iveordered a diag kit for myself to check for boostpressure ive checked fault codes which came up ok.Ive had into my dealer (warranty just about to run out) so i got it over to them but they told me everything checks out , either they were just fobbing me off because they were not getting paid for it i dont know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page