Pick up new C-Max on Thursday - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-22-2012, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Pick up new C-Max on Thursday

Hello from a Scottish newbie. Stumbled (with the aid of a salesman) upon the C- Max when searching for a Roomster or a Berlingo for my father!!

He is about to be the proud owner of a mint 2 owner 2006 1.6TDCi with 77k on the clock and full history. Really impressed with the car. I'm no stranger to owners forums having been a member of Audi clubs for years - looking forward to keeping an eye on here to learn about the car and help Dad out with any niggles that may arise - already learned how to retrofit Isofix sockets to the rear seats; looks an easy enough job; and sorted for the timebelt intervals. Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-25-2012, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

We have the car now. Overall very pleased with it, a lovely drive. I have a couple of questions having not found anything using the search function.

Is there any issues with leaks on the cmax? Whilst it appears to have been fixed, the underlay on the front footwells is damp with evidence of surface paint blistering as a result; and the HDF panels in the rear footwell cubbies are shot because of dampness. The mounting points for the front seats are also a bit rusty. Any common things to look for to ensure this is sorted?

Next; theres a bit of minor corrosion at the rear wheel arches; partly due to stone chipping partly a weep from the welded seam; its polished out fine for now and I'll fix the stone chip damage - anyone had similar experience with the wheel arch seam or has a suggestion for a fix to protect this?

Thanks for any steer in the right direction.

2006 1.6 TDCi Zetec - Tonic Blue

Last edited by hendy; 05-25-2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 5 Old 05-25-2012, 10:00 AM

As you were describing the rust problems inside the car I was screaming "take the car back" at the computer screen. Looks like rubber seals failed or maybe the last owner had a pool party "in" the car. I know in the focus there were problems with the pollen filter casing leaking into the passenger footwell, but I believe the Cmax has an interior filter.

Blue 2 Litre Diesel Ghia ,2005, Front and rear parking sensors,fridge, sony 6 cd player, Full cream leather interior.Favourite of all-sunroof for those hot British summers

post #4 of 5 Old 05-25-2012, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletree View Post
As you were describing the rust problems inside the car I was screaming "take the car back" at the computer screen. Looks like rubber seals failed or maybe the last owner had a pool party "in" the car. I know in the focus there were problems with the pollen filter casing leaking into the passenger footwell, but I believe the Cmax has an interior filter.
Nah! It's not that bad it needs to go back. I'm very fussy. Think the flood maybe the story here, currently trying to get a hold of last owner to ask. It's a nice honest car, so the wee details can be fixed. If leaks aren't a common thing, I'm confident all will be well.

2006 1.6 TDCi Zetec - Tonic Blue
post #5 of 5 Old 05-25-2012, 08:52 PM

Yeah we had floods all over the place not so long back so it could be that. Maybe next time we have rain or when you wash the car have a look inside and see if it lets the water in again.

Blue 2 Litre Diesel Ghia ,2005, Front and rear parking sensors,fridge, sony 6 cd player, Full cream leather interior.Favourite of all-sunroof for those hot British summers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page