Newbie-Possibly Last Mk2 to be Registered - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-15-2011, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Hi all. Just took the plunge on a new 1.6TDCi Titatnium in Panther Black with a few options. Due to collect in March. Having searched thecountry, there were only around 10 left in the country - this being the best spec'd of them all. I'mchangingfrom a Kuga Titanium, mainlyto reduce running costs and to save some money. I do around 18k a year commuting so hoping this will make a sizeable difference. Got (what I think) is a good deal. Panther Black wouldn't have been my first choice, but the options swayed me.

This will be the 2nd C-Max in the family. My other half has a 2007 2.0 Ghia Petrol, which we bought in Oct 2009 -1 owner with 8k on the clock when we bought it. I've retro fitted BT to that. Its a really nice car & she is very pleased with it.

These type of forums are great. I'm registered on the Kuga forum, and its a great source of info - and having had a quick scan through this forum it seems to be the same.

Looking forward to taking an active part.

If anybody wants to know where some of the other 9 are let me know. I also know of a nice spec 2.0 TDCi in Ocean Blue if someone is after one - there aresome nice discounts at the moment.

2010 1.6TDCi Titanium, Panther Black, Sony 6CD DAB, USB/BT, Privacy Glass, F&R Parking Sensors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-15-2011, 12:51 AM

Hi whizkid,welcome to the club[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img].MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 4 Old 01-15-2011, 04:44 PM

Welcome

Please tell more about the retrofitting of BT.

Thanks

Titanium 1.8 Petrol

post #4 of 4 Old 01-16-2011, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Hi - nothing much to say about retro filling BT to be honest. I checked to see if the radio had the BT option in the menu, then purchased the bits I needed off of eBay. These consisted of the module, microphone,and cable to connect it to the radio. From memory, I bought module mounting bracket, thecable and 3.5mm socket for the AUX facilty on the radio,and the audio stalk with the VOICE button from Ford. I didn't use the control in the end, as the VOICE button didn't work - I do not think that the wiring is there. Instead we use the button on the end of the stalk. The advantage of using a used BT module is that its already been activated in another vehicle. This was came out of a Focus.

Once I had all of the bits, I then went about dismantling the dashboard - the module sits above the glovebox, so I had to remove/loosen the gearlever gaitor, and surroundand various bits of trim. Took me about 4 hrs. If I'd known what I was doing, its a quick job - but you know what Its like when you tackle anything for the first time.

2010 1.6TDCi Titanium, Panther Black, Sony 6CD DAB, USB/BT, Privacy Glass, F&R Parking Sensors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page