Newbie with Loss of Power - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-20-2011, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Hi All
Just registered and thought i would share my problem with you all.[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Just bought the wife a 2007 C Max 1.8 TD Titanium, new shape one with 36000 miles and full service history.
Collected the car 4 weeks ago drove it home 250 miles all ok.
Wife now drives it daily and atleast every other day she has Loss of Power problems, when pulling away from junctions or at roundabouts, its like its gone to limp mode, car still runs but stays at low reves and you cant excellerate, I have told her to stop, switch it off and re start it which she does and it runs fine rest of day.
I have seen this fault on earlier models but didnt know if it was still on the newer models ?
anybody else suffering from this problem ? [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]
I havent been to the Fords garagae yet as i dont want to start shelling out money if theres no fix or like previous models, where owners shelled out 100`s and still couldnt find the fault.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-21-2011, 06:48 AM

Welcome to the club,
I have the same model. Don't think it's the same problem, exactly, but when I got mine, about nine months ago, I found that it was easy to stall when pulling away at junctions or roundabouts. I no longer have that problem as I now give it a bit more “welly” and that seems to work. It is very much like having to relearn clutch and accelerator control when moving off.
Is it only your wife who has the problem? If so, it could be that she drives a lot more gently than you , when pulling away.
Give it a try -- perhaps with her in the car -- before shelling out to fix something that might not be there.
Let me know if this helps,
Rolo.

2009(10reg)1.8TDCi115Titanium
post #3 of 6 Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, its deff has a problem, she knows she has to give it a little extra when pulling away, as she had a fusion before that with the same low revs on pulling away,
This however is total loss of power, The car will have no power at the pdeal even if pressed to the floor, the car will just tick over but it wont rev up, most she cant do is 5 mph, limp mode they call it ?
If she stops and turns off and restarts its then fine for a day or 2.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-10-2011, 08:37 AM

i had this problem when i first bought my car .i changed the airfilter and everything is fine now .i am not sure if your car as problems pulling off the mark slow but this is what was wrong with mine the air filter was all choked up with dirt and grit
post #5 of 6 Old 09-10-2011, 10:11 AM

The 1.6 diesel accelarator is "fly by wire" with a variable resistor position sensor fitted to the accelerator pedal. Not certain if the 1.8 is the same but might be worth checking the connections to see

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #6 of 6 Old 11-19-2011, 02:48 PM

hi there i got a simalar problem my car sometimes wont go past 3000 revs and yesterday the yellow engine light came on and there was bad fumes coming into the car thought it might be something to do with the cat if any 1 knows away of fixing please let me know thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page