Newbie here - the search is on! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-12-2011, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Hello all,

After the arrival of our second child last week, the hunt is now on for the right C-Max for us! We'd already agreed this was the car that suited our needs the best, and while our trusty Civic is still doing it's duties, it won't be long before it can't take everything we want to throw into it.

Unfortunately I have looked too much into it and know exactly the model & spec we are after and I am now probably being too specific, so some questions in the hope it might widen the search for us:

As economy is of importance to us, the 1.6 TDCi looks the best bet (in 110 trim - the marginal fuel saving on the 90 doesn't seem worth it), however there are loads more 1.8 TDCi's out there. The 1.8 on paper looks to have the 1.6 performance but the 2.0 fuel economy which doesn't make it worthwhile considering. Does this hold true in the real world?

As we have two kids now, a dark interior is much more preferable and while the Zetec trim does everything we need, all the ones I have seen seem to come with a light interior (and an awful design to boot), and it seems I need to look at Titanium's to get a decent dark interior. Should i ignore all Zetecs for this reason, or do they exist with a dark interior?

As a regular user of other forums, I'm looking forward to being round here a bit more to gather useful info (already answered the isofix question I had - the dealer couldn't tell me!) and hopefully in time pass info back!

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-12-2011, 07:40 PM

Welcome. There's loads of zetec models with the dark interior so don't let that put you off. You do get more toys as standard on the ghia or titanium though so worth considering that when choosing. Also, don't be put off by the 2.0 tdci either, I'm averaging 45mpg with mostly school runs and short trips, but on a decent run always seem to get over 60. I recently managed 81mpg on a 25 minute journey.

Mark

2004 Magnum Grey 2.0 TDCI Ghia
post #3 of 4 Old 07-12-2011, 08:37 PM

Hi & welcome to the club[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img],
I too get 42+ mainly doing short local runs (well the wife does) & on a good run 65/68.We have the Zetec spec with dark trim & it`s ideal for our usage.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec

post #4 of 4 Old 07-13-2011, 03:41 AM

Just a word of warning with the Ghia you get as standard an Electronic Parking Brake EPB its very expensive to replace around 900 if it goes wrong or a cable breaks and why would you want one anyway?

54 2.0 TDCI Ghia non DPF Tonic Blue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page